21st August 2012, 03:59 PM

What is the procedure for Merchant Navy? What is the exam date?

i want to know full procedure of merchent navy

how can i join mer. navy
how to give exam and where i will gt forms
after clearing exam what i hav to do

2nd November 2012, 09:24 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for Merchant Navy? What is the exam date?

Merchant Navy is very attrative for those who love to travel around the world and get paid for it. Since Merchant Navy deals in cargo transportation from one country to another, you will get to travel various places in the world.

The basic qualification for job in merchant navy is 12th with PCM. If you have completed 10+2 in commerce and Arts then unfortunately you can not apply for Merchant Navy. Now the 10+2 qualification can offer Deck Cadet job to you.

If you want a officer level job that pays well then you must complete a graduation course. The option are B.Sc in Nautical Science or B.Tech in Marine Engineering. The choice would be yours. For both courses you must have completed 12th with PCM.

If you are applying for B.Tech then you must first appear for the competitve entrance exam for admission. Since AIEEE and IIT-JEE will be scrapped from next year onwards, the choice would be ISEET entrance exam. This exam is your ticket for admission in IITs and NITs. The dates of the exam are yet to be released by the government.

Please check the complete eligibility criteria below.

Eligibility

1. 10+2 qualification with PCM subjects.

2. Pursue B.Sc in Nautical Science or B.Tech in Marine Engineering.

3. Age limit is 20 years.

4. Age limit for SC/ST is relaxed by 5 years.

5. Only unmarried candidates can apply.

Direct Admission

The other procedure is direct admission which is only eligible for 10+2 candidates and those who have B.Tech degree in some selective streams.

1. 12th PCM candidates can directly apply for Deck Cadet job.

2. If you have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology then you can apply for various jobs in Merchant Navy. However you will need to undergo through 9 months long pre-sea course in marine engineering from MERI.

Colleges

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?