15th November 2016, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of Biology subject in IAS exam? Is it an optional paper or a compulsory paper?

Respected Sir, I am a student of Biology and I am currently studying in class 12th. I exactly want to know what is the scope for Biology student in IAS exams? Is it an optional paper or a compulsory paper? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th January 2017, 04:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of Biology subject in IAS exam? Is it an optional paper or a compulsory paper?

For recruitment as an I.A.S paper you have to qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is between 21-32 years.

The candidates are eligible to select the optional paper for Mains examination other than the discipline paper of bachelor degree.

So, you will be eligible to select the other paper such as ( Geography, English, Political Science etc ) as optional paper. There is no choice of Biology as optional paper but you can select the Botany or Zoology as optional.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2020, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the scope of Biology subject in IAS exam? Is it an optional paper or a compulsory paper?

Which subject are important for preparation of UPSE examination for a biology stream student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?