18th December 2017, 02:24 PM
Chandra2aarya

What should I do if I want to pursue PhD in Mathematics while studying B.Com computer applications?

I am studying B.Com computer applications but I am very interested in mathematics and I regret for not taking bmath should I again study bachelor because I want to get PhD math. Give me some advice about it please? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Mathematics or Applied Mathematics which is better to pursue in PhD?
  2. BCom(H) or BCA(H), which one to opt for studying Computer Applications?
  3. Availability of course after B.Sc Mathematics with Computer Applications?
  4. Is it possible for me to do MCA after taking BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility to pursue PhD in Mathematics for Applied Mathematics postgraduate? -- [New]
  6. Is M.Sc in Mathematics equivalent to M.Sc in Tech Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications? NET and PhD can be done after that? Which one is better to opt for?
  7. Can I study BCom(Computer Application) after completing 12th Science?
  8. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Applications with stipend in India? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc postgraduate?
  9. What should be done to do PhD in computer engineering after completion of 10th grade?
  10. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  11. Eligibility criteria for PhD in Mathematics after MCA?
  12. Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future?
  13. Colleges and Universities offering Integrated M.Sc and PhD in Mathematics.
  14. How can I pursue Ph.D in computer science?
  15. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  16. What is the eligibility and career opportunities after completion of Ph.D in statistics?
  17. Which exam to write for doing Ph.D in Computer Applications?
  18. Which subject to opt between computer science and math with commerce?
19th December 2017, 07:41 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I do if I want to pursue PhD in Mathematics while studying B.Com computer applications?

After having bachelor’s degree in computer application you are not eligible to apply for Ph.D mathematics (Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics), because to apply for Ph.D mathematics course minimum qualification required to apply is master’s degree in mathematics subject from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

- Duration of doctor of philosophy in mathematics course is 3 years.
19th December 2017, 04:17 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if I want to pursue PhD in Mathematics while studying B.Com computer applications?

PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is a post graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 2 years.

The eligibility required for studying PhD in mathematics is masters level degree in mathematics or any mathematics related subjects with minimum 50% from any recognised university.

So, after completing your B.Com in computer application study masters in any mathematics related subjects from any recognised university. Complete your masters with minimum 50%, so that you can study PhD in mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?