13th September 2017, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

What to study after 11th standard to become an IAS in future?

What to study after 11th standard to become an IAS in future? Which stream I should choose and which course? Can you please suggest me the right way forward for me to reach the goal in future? Awaiting for your response. Thank you!

14th September 2017, 05:00 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: What to study after 11th standard to become an IAS in future?

You can choose the any stream in (10+2) and any discipline in graduation. For IAS, Minimum Qualification is a graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

IAS Eligibility
- You must possess graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 21 to 32 years. Relaxation given 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
- Maximum Attempts : 6 for UR, 9 for OBC and No limits for SC/ST.

Selection Stages
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview
14th September 2017, 07:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Since, there is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree or 12th stream to appear for Civil Service examination.

So, you can select any course of your choice. But, if you have interest in Arts stream then you must select the stream as the Mains paper contains questions of History, Political Science, Geography and Economics.

But, if you are interested in Science or any other stream you can pursue it as large number of students from different stream have qualified in Civil Service examination.

To qualify in examination you need to prepare for examination with determination, dedication and devotion.

The detail information about examination syllabus and procedure is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th September 2017, 09:46 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need appear and qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* Further for appearing in Civil Services examination the minimum qualifications which you must hold are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course in any stream of your choice from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for your Class 11th and further studies to become an IAS officer in future then as per my advise I would like to suggest you that go for the option in which you are interested and which lies to your strength as it would be easier for you as compared to anyother subject which does not lies to your strength. Also I would like to advise you not to get yourself involved in the misconception that a particular stream in easy for qualifying the civil services examination as when you go through the various statistics related to the stream of academics and the corresponding success rate then it is almost same for most of the subjects.

For more details related to Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th September 2017, 10:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It is All India Services. Union Public Service commission conducts Civil Services exam for this service. The academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

You can choose any stream of your choice. Generally candidates, prefer arts stream for this entrance examination. You should select arts stream subjects like Political science, Geography, History, Economics etc.

The basic preparation should start from NCERT books of these subjects from sixth standard. The Hindu Newspaper should be followed religiously. Make your own notes and do revision at regular intervals of time.
14th September 2017, 11:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination every year and candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S. I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you can select any stream in 12th or bachelor degree to appear in examination.

So, if you want to qualify in all stages of examination, you must start preparation for examination with a proper strategy and determination as per syllabus.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2017, 03:44 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to become IAS officer is by completing Graduation.

Candidates who have completed Graduation with any stream are eligible to make entry into IAS by cracking the below selection procedure being conducted by UPSC.
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

One can choose any stream in 12th standard and Graduation in order to be eligible to become IAS Officers.

Civil Services Exam is the common written exam for the candidates not only to make entry into IAS but also into any other civil service.

So choose the stream in 10+2 as per your interest and perform well in the academics.

After that, opt for Graduation also with the relevant stream and allocate half of the time to civil services preparation and remaining half time for the academics.

Join in a Coaching Institute for the Civil services Exam and prepare a proper plan so that you complete all your preparation for civil services by the time you complete your Graduation.

Go through as per your plan and apply for the civil services exam after completion of your Graduation and crack it.

There is huge competition for this exam. Hence you should have strong preparation to overcome the competition.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?