24th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for loco pilot in Indian Railways being a graduate in commerce stream?

Sir, I am Bhuvnesh from Tamilnadu. I have completed graduation in commerce stream. I am very eager to join as a loco pilot in Indian Railways. Am I eligible to apply for it? Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. How to Become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Commerce?
  2. Eligibility to become a Loco Pilot n Indian Railways?
  3. Which course should I prefer in ITI to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  4. How to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Arts?
  5. Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology? -- [New]
  6. Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?
  7. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  8. What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  9. After passing 12th with Biology can I become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  10. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What steps should I follow to become a Loco Pilot and what is the minimum percentage required?
  11. Whether CET exam is important for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  12. Can I apply for the post of assistant loco pilot after passing commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the procedure to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  14. What are the career options for Railway RRB examination?
  15. How to become a loco pilot in luxury and superfast trains?
  16. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?
  17. What should I do after completing class 10th to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? Which exam do I have to give?
  18. Can I apply for the post of loco pilot in Indian Railways after completing PU with 55%
24th October 2016, 09:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for loco pilot in Indian Railways being a graduate in commerce stream?

To join the loco pilot you need to have ITI degree from any recognised university and so the bachelor degree in commerce stream does not matter.

If you have ITI degree you are eligible to appear for RRB entrance examination conducted for recruitment in Indian Railway as Loco Pilot.

For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
24th October 2016, 11:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for loco pilot in Indian Railways being a graduate in commerce stream?

Yes, you can definitely join Indian Railways for the post of Loco Pilot. As you are a commerce graduate, so you are eligible for this position. However, the minimum qualification required is 10th. At first you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by RRB (Railway Recruitment Board).

Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for RRB examination:

> You should have completed your 10th standard from a recognized board or should have completed ITI in any trade from a recognized university.

> Diploma holders in mechanical/automobile/electrical/electronics are also eligible to apply.

> Your age should be in between 18-30 years. For ST/SC/OBC candidates there is an age relaxation as per the government norms.

> Selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the written test followed by personal interview.

So, after clearing the examination with good marks you can apply for the post of Loco Pilot and can get employed in Indian Railways after proper training.
25th October 2016, 02:08 PM
princekainth2

To join as a loco pilot in Indian Railways,you have to give RRB entrance examination conducted for recruitment.

And Eligibility for RRB exam is ITI degree or relevant degree.
Your graduation in Commerce will be least considered during all process

For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
26th October 2016, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am Bhuvnesh from Tamilnadu. I have completed graduation in commerce stream. I am very eager to join as a loco pilot in Indian Railways. Am I eligible to apply for it? Thank you.
No, you are not eligible for Loco Pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?