27th February 2017, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?

Respected Sir, I want to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways but I want to know whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways after completing Intermediate (PCM)? Which exam should I clear for joining?
  2. Eligibility to become a Loco Pilot n Indian Railways? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? -- [New]
  4. Which course should I prefer in ITI to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  5. What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  6. Am I eligible for loco pilot in Indian Railways being a graduate in commerce stream?
  7. After passing 12th with Biology can I become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  8. How to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Arts?
  9. How to Become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Commerce?
  10. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What steps should I follow to become a Loco Pilot and what is the minimum percentage required?
  11. Whether CET exam is important for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  12. What is the procedure to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  13. Can Economic Honours student become Loco Pilot in Railways?
  14. What are the career options for Railway RRB examination?
  15. How to become a loco pilot in luxury and superfast trains?
  16. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?
  17. What should I do after completing class 10th to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? Which exam do I have to give?
  18. Which course should I opt to become a Train Driver after completion of 10th?
28th February 2017, 05:44 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?

For recruitment as Loco Pilot in Indian Railway candidates have to qualify in RRB examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed ITI/Diploma in mechanical, diesel etc. The age limit is between 18-30 years.

So, it is not necessary to have PCM or to pursue 12th to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
28th February 2017, 10:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?

The eligibility to appear for Loco Pilot examination for recruitment in Indian Railway is :-

Candidate must have passed ITI from a recognised institute or have passed diploma in Engineering.

The age limit is between 18-30 years.

So, candidates only with 12th ( PCM ) are not eligible to appear for examination.
28th February 2017, 11:23 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for Loco pilot:

Candidate who has done 10+2 from a recognized with PCM subjects are eligible for Loco Pilot or who has done diploma in mechanical, electrical and electronics etc.

You can apply for Loco Pilot in Indian Railways with PCM subjects in 12th.
1st March 2017, 07:08 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, the candidate who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream are not eligible to apply for Loco Pilot examination. Only candidates who have passed ITI or Diploma in Engineering course from a recognized board are eligible to apply for Loco Pilot examination. So, being a 12th standard PCM candidate, you are not eligible to apply for Loco Pilot examination.
1st March 2017, 10:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways but I want to know whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, you are not eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
23rd July 2020, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Can arts student become loco pilot ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?