23rd January 2018, 09:36 PM
U.k.Karikalan

Whether extra curricular activities will help or not in landing a good job in IT enabled companies like TCS or Wipro?

I am pursuing my 3rd year of B.Sc Computer Science in Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts and Science and till 5th semester I scored 65%. My 10th mark is 85% and 12th mark is 81%. I have attended republic day camp at New Delhi in 2017 and advance leadership camp held at Gujarat in 2017 this is my achievement in my teenage life now my question is am I able to get selected in MNC companies like Wipro, TCS, CTS?

Related Questions:
  1. Extra curricular activities to add achievements to resume for B.Tech 3rd year student interested in joining MBA?
  2. Is Extra curricular activities important for overall development of school students?
  3. What are the extra curricular activities offered in University of Oxford? -- [New]
  4. Opportunities for extra-curricular activities in Painting? Information on other extra-curricular activities like Olympiads etc?
  5. Do premier B Schools give weightage to extra curricular activities for admissions?
  6. Whether GRE is sufficient to study in Abroad or extra curricular activities are necessary?
  7. CBSE schools in Coimbatore that lays more focus on extra curricular activities?
  8. How can I get job after B.Tech in Food Technology? Can I improve my extra curricular activities?
  9. How to actively participate in co-curricular activities during school time?
  10. Minimum percentage required for BSc(General) for ST candidates? Is there any extra quota for extra curricular activities?
  11. What is the eligibility for Wipro, Satyam, TCS and any other IT companies to apply for job?
  12. Which engineering course would be better for getting high salary after 2015?
  13. What training is important for getting job in IT companies like TCS and Wipro?
  14. What is the procedure to be followed for getting a job in Wipro or TCS after completion of BE with 60% marks?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for a job in companies like TCS Infosys Wipro?
  16. Am I eligible for companies like TCS,IBM,WIPRO? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible to get a job in Wipro or TCS if I am good in programming language and English?
  18. St. Xavier's or St. Aloysius, which among them is better to study in Rimjha?
3rd May 2018, 10:31 AM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Whether extra curricular activities will help or not in landing a good job in IT enabled companies like TCS or Wipro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.k.Karikalan View Post
I am pursuing my 3rd year of B.Sc Computer Science in Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts and Science and till 5th semester I scored 65%. My 10th mark is 85% and 12th mark is 81%. I have attended republic day camp at New Delhi in 2017 and advance leadership camp held at Gujarat in 2017 this is my achievement in my teenage life now my question is am I able to get selected in MNC companies like Wipro, TCS, CTS?
It doesn't help directly you during the recruitment process because you get hired only by performing well in written test and in interview. Having extra curricular things help improving your resume outlook. It looks a bit emphatic having these things mentioned in your resume and presents you as a solid candidate before the interviewer.
Apart from resume things, it also helps you confident, sharpens your leadership skills, developes habit of working in a group etc. If a interviewer finds these qualities in a candidates, his interests in candidates increases, in this way his/her chances of getting hired increases.
So if you have some extra curricular excellence in you, it will benefit you indirectly in the recruitment process. It also help solidifying your personal attitude and personality.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?