25th June 2011, 06:10 PM
kanupriya1204

Will Genetics engineering be good for my career? From where should I do M.Tech in genetic engineering?

hi, i had completed mu b.tch biotech 1st yr from vellore institute of technology, , i have interest in gentics thus i want to opt for m.tech in genetic engg., so i wanted to know will it be good for my career? also what all sope it will provide me ?
and from where should i do m.tech in genetic engg. india or abroad? whichever provide college options?

26th January 2012, 12:28 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will Genetics engineering be good for my career? From where should I do M.Tech in genetic engineering?

Yes, if you are interested in higher studies and want to broaden up your knowledge then you can go for M.Tech in genetic Engineering.

The demand for Genetic Engineers is growing in India as well as abroad.

Job opportunities are numerous and growing in number.

Most of them are mainly placed in medical and pharmaceutical industries, the agricultural sector, and the research and development departments. They can also take up teaching as an option. Certain NGO's like Greenpeace also hire Genetic Engineers to ascertain the outcome of GM products.

After completing your M.tech, you can be a scientist and can do researches.

The best institutes to pursue this course are:

S.R.M. University
S.R.M. Nagar Kattankulathur
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu

Kakatiya University,
Warangal

Osmania University,
Hyderabad
6th May 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will Genetics engineering be good for my career? From where should I do M.Tech in genetic engineering?

Which course is better to opt B.Tech in Genetic Engineering or B.Tech in Biotechnology???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?