19th August 2011, 09:38 PM
Sachal

Will i get job in IT companies as i have less average.

I am in last year of comp engineering doing it from Pune university & having average of 53.48% till all 3 years, but i will trying to score max % (first class with distinction) in last year but i want to know that,

1)is it possible to get job after pass out (2012) because i heard strong recession have come and my % are also low?
2)Although my college is new & i will be the 1st batch pass out from college so will not get much help from campus placement, what should i do?
Also i cannot study further for M Tech or MBA because i need job as early as possible.

24th August 2011, 09:07 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will i get job in IT companies as i have less average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachal View Post
I am in last year of comp engineering doing it from Pune university & having average of 53.48% till all 3 years, but i will trying to score max % (first class with distinction) in last year but i want to know that,

1)is it possible to get job after pass out (2012) because i heard strong recession have come and my % are also low?
2)Although my college is new & i will be the 1st batch pass out from college so will not get much help from campus placement, what should i do?
Also i cannot study further for M Tech or MBA because i need job as early as possible.
Being in a Computer Engineering branch you need not to worry anything because you have vast future and you have lot of option to find out job in easy mode

Like if you have good skills in JAVA , Corel , C sharp or on oops programming then you will be the person getting job sooner as compare to the guy with first class in Electronics and telecommunication branch. These days EnTc Students are struggling for core company but they are not getting what they want.

Being in Pune University i know all the situation scoring marks in this University is too tougher. You have 53.48% percentage right !! But if you score good in final year i.e if you score maximum of 70 aggregate in the 4th year (7th + 8th) then i think your percentage will rise up to great extent. i would like to suggest you to start studying and get atleast 70 in Fourth year.

Apart From Jobs are concerned you can apply for maximum companies in Job fair with No Criteria Companies. Just check out the Notification for JOB fair either in Net or New paper. Basically it comes more than 2 times in a year near by February or March.And to crack these Companies you need have good skills on Languages and Communication skills.

So i think you got my point what i want to say !! so work on your 4th year + Check out About Job fair with NC Companies.
24th August 2011, 12:46 PM
aiona

Quote:

don't worry. it's not your marks but your ability that matters. try your best and score maximum in the final year. be updated about the job oppurtunities and utilise the oppurtunities you have. surely you will succeed.
24th August 2011, 12:57 PM
saugata2008

Because of you are a student of Computer Engineering branch you need not to be worried at all. There are so many opportunities for you .
There so many demand of . NET, PHP,JAVA in the market .If your grip on those is good then don't worry you will get a job surly .May be it is possible that you could not able to crack the companies like TCS.IBM,CTS, because of your less average,then make small compaies the getway to those huge companies .
thank you
26th August 2011, 09:17 AM
Sachal

Thank you so much your information is really very fruitful to build my career. I am feeling confident now that i will get job in good MNCs, but for that i will have to score max as much as possible & have to make myself master in languages. I hope i will able to complete my dreams.. Thanks a lot.
26th August 2011, 01:42 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
If you can score 60% till the end of 8th semester there will be no problem,but if you manage to score 55% it will be partly solved , mean you can get job , but not in big companies. So try and score at-least 60%.
26th August 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I am in last year of Electronics & Communication engineering doing it from jntu, hyd & having average of 58% till all 3 years, but i will trying to score max % (first class with distinction) in last year but i want to know that,

12th September 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a job in I.T companies with 50% marks. ?
14th September 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I am just passed out from eee but i have one back nd also less % so wht to do next to get a job? pls help
30th September 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the prospect or chance of getting job with 50% marks in B.E in IT,but good in cmmunication skills,with high aptitude.
1st October 2011, 03:14 AM
njsingh15

Quote:

It is very tough for me to say that you can't get job in multinational company like tcs ,infosis, wipro, samsung etc. BUt don't worry about that
After completing Btech you first join small company where marks that you have got till now is not valuable, means you must pass. After working two or three year you have a experience and then you can try for company like tcs , wipro etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?