24th October 2015, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for government job if I am 40 years old?

I am 40 year female candidate. My Details of the career as follows:

Educational Qualification: B.B.A., P.G. Diploma in personnel Management & IR, M.Com. (Mngt.), M.B.A. (HR) from GTU.

Experience:Total eight years of experience (5-6 year experience at managerial level)

Since : January 2014 doing nothing, due to family reasons.

Now i want to do Government job. Can i applied for GPSC class-I, II and for lecturer ship in Govt. Colleges or Universities?

Please guide me.
Thanks & Regards.

25th October 2015, 04:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government job if I am 40 years old?

Yes, you are eligible to become the lecturer in the government colleges and the university after having the M.tech degree.

To become the lecturer the candidates have to qualify in the NET and SET examination. NET examination is conducted by the UGC twice every year. The required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the master's degree with at least 55% aggregate. There is no limitations on the age to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in the month of the June and December every year. For more information about the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.

No you cannot appear for the GPSC I jobs as according to age criteria for the examination.
25th October 2015, 09:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government job if I am 40 years old?

The age limit for general candidate of Gujarat Public Service Commission is 21-30 years and upper relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. So, you can not apply for the class I, II under GPSC at the age of 40 years.

Yes, you can apply for the lectureship at the age of 40 years through the National Eligibility test. NET is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission in the month of June and December respectively.

There is no upper age limit for the lectureship. Any candidate who has done master's degree and has 55% marks or more can apply for the NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?