11th June 2015, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Can 2nd year B.com students apply for IBPS Exam? What are the further process for applying job after passing exam?

Sir/madam, I m in 2nd year of b.com course. Can i apply for ibps exam? How many subject are there in ibps exam? After passing the exam how many procedure are there for applying the job? sir I'm waiting for your answer.

11th June 2015, 11:54 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can 2nd year B.com students apply for IBPS Exam? What are the further process for applying job after passing exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/madam, I m in 2nd year of b.com course. Can i apply for ibps exam? How many subject are there in ibps exam? After passing the exam how many procedure are there for applying the job? sir I'm waiting for your answer.
No, being a 2nd year B.com student you cannot apply for the exam at this stage. B.com is a 3 years under graduate course and only after completing 3 years you will be eligible for applying for IBPS exam. After completing you can apply for the post of Probationary officer.

IBPS PO ELIGIBILITY:

Nationality:

- Citizenship in India

Age Limit:

- Age limit needed is 20-30 years for general category candidate

- For SC/ST it is 20-35 years

- For OBC candidates it is 20-33 years

Educational Qualification:

- The eligibility needed is candidate should have completed degree from a recognized university wit hat least 60% aggregate.

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria is eligible for applying.
12th June 2015, 12:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can 2nd year B.com students apply for IBPS Exam? What are the further process for applying job after passing exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, 2nd year B.Com degree holder candidates are not eligible for IBPS exam. After completion of B.Com degree you can apply for IBPS exam.

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS PO and clerk exam.

For IBPS po exam, your age should be 20 to 30 years.

For IBPS clerk exam, your age should be 20 to 28 years.

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS www.ibps.in/
12th June 2015, 12:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, B.Com 2nd year pursuing candidates are not eligible to apply for IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) Examination. The basic minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university any discipline. There is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible. So I suggest you to first complete B.Com (3 years) to meet the required eligibility criteria. Or You can appear IBPS recruitment examinations from next year onwards as you will be in the third year of B.Com. Candidates who are studying their final year are also eligible to apply for IBPS Recruitments.

There are totally 5 sections, which are
* Reasoning Section
* General Awareness Section
* Computer Awareness / Marketing Aptitude Section
* General English
* Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Aptitude

To get job in banking sector, you are required to get command over all the above mentioned sections equally as there is a sectional cut off. After qualifying the written (Online) Examination, you are required to clear Personal Interview (PI). So based on the marks secured by you in both the sections, you will be given job in that respective bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?