25th June 2017, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS officer exam after completing Pharma.D?

I am a BiPC student and I am doing Pharm.D, I want to know whether, I am eligible to become an IAS Officer. How to prepare myself to attend the entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IAS officer exam after completing Pharma.D? -- [New]
  2. Can I apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  3. Which entrance exams do I have to write after completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  5. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  6. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  7. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  8. How can I become an IAS Officer after completing B.Tech in Agriculture? How should I prepare for the exam?
  9. How to become an IAS officer after completing B.Com with 66%
  10. What should I do to become an IAS Officer after completing Charted Accountant course?
  11. Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc
  12. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  13. Can I apply for IAS examination after diploma ? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  15. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  16. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics?
  17. What can I do to do IAS after completing BSc, MSc
  18. What should I do to become an IAS Officer being a 12th student?
25th June 2017, 11:53 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS officer exam after completing Pharma.D?

No, you can't apply for IAS exam after completion of D.Pharma. To be an IAS officer you have to complete your graduation from a recognized university. Only after that you can apply for this exam. For more information you can go to the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
26th June 2017, 10:52 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Diploma in Pharmacy candidates can not apply for Civil Services examination. You need to apply for Civil Services examination only after Bachelor of Pharmacy.

The minimum age limit is 21 years.

How to prepare:

Read daily Hindu Newspaper for national and international affairs.

You can work on NCERT books of social science and science.
26th June 2017, 11:07 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS officer examination after completing Pharm.D. You should be an Indian citizen and your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. For SC/ST candidates the age is 37 years and for OBC candidates it is 35 years. Your height should be minimum 165 cms and for women it would be 150 cms. You must have good eyesight and must be physically fit. With this eligibility you can apply for IAS examination.

In order to prepare for the examination you can start studying the NCERT books for UPSC IAS and can also join a good coaching institute for the preparation.
26th June 2017, 10:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for IAS recruitment examination after completion of Phama D. Pharma D is a Diploma in Pharmacy course and is not equivalent to Graduation.

In general, there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for applying IAS recruitment examination.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for IAS recruitment examination is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

As Pharma D is not a Graduate degree, you are not eligible. Hence, I would suggest you to pursue Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy in order to be eligible.
27th June 2017, 02:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Pharma.D means Diploma in Pharmacy. Candidates after diploma in Pharmacy are not eligible for Indian Administrative Services examination. After diploma in Pharmacy, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy to apply for Civil Services examination.

The minimum age limit to apply for this examination is 21 years. You can start your preparation from now. The first stage of preparation is going through basic books and concepts. Basic concepts can be obtained from NIOS and NCERT books. In second stage of preparation, you can join any good coaching institute for latest trends and current affairs.
27th June 2017, 08:53 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for IAS officer exam after completing Pharma.D. For that you will have to first complete your bachelor's degree. You will have to appear for UPSC civil Services Exam to bacome an IAS officer.

Eligibility criteria required to appear for civil services exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Academic Qualification: Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age criteria : 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st of August of the year for examination. There is relaxation in upper age limit as per the govt. norms.

No. of attempts :

General candidates: 6 attempts.

Other Backward Classes: 9 attempts.

Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.

One can apply for the examination either online or offline depending upon one's convenience.
28th June 2017, 06:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a BiPC student and I am doing Pharm.D, I want to know whether, I am eligible to become an IAS Officer. How to prepare myself to attend the entrance exam?
No, D.Pharma candidates are not eligible for IAS exam. Diploma course is not eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. Final year candidate are also eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
2nd July 2017, 06:33 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those Candidates who are Graduate from a recognised university are eligible for UPSC IAS EXAMINATION
5th July 2017, 05:40 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam is as follows-
The minimum age to appear for IAS Exam is 21 years. This means that the candidate must have at least 21 years of age on 1st August of that given year when the exam is held.
he number of attempts for IAS exam:6 attempts.For OBC and SC/ST candidates the no of attempt is 9 attempts.
A candidate should have graduation degree. So, you are not eligible to give IAS exam as you are not graduated . Firstly, you have take admission in graduation. After completing your graduation you can apply for IAS exam.
Pharma D is not a under graduate course.
31st May 2018, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write civil service examination after completing doctor of pharmacy?
17th September 2018, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for IAS officer exam after cpleting Pharm.D(Doctor of Pharmacy)
25th October 2018, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

First of all PharmD means Doctor of pharmacy nt diploma in pharmacy
3rd March 2019, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

First of pharmd is NOT diploma in pharmacy, it is DOCTOR OF PHARMACY. It is a graduation course for your kind information it is a post graduation course recently announced by pci president suresh garu. A mbbs student is eligible and also other medical examination cleared graduates are also eligible. PHAMRD IS POST GRADUATION DEGREE OF 6 YRS COURSE AND IS RECOGNISED BY THE UNIVERSITIES ACCPETED BY INDIAN CENTRAL GOVT.
5th April 2020, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 5th pharmD(doctor of pharmacy) can i appear for civils examinations in the beginning of 6th year june ( with out completion of my internship) i am i eligible to write in 2021
12th April 2020, 05:05 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

No, not apply for IAS examination. Pharma. D is not Bachelor Course.D. Pharmacy or D.Pharma is a diploma level course, who wish to study pharmacy and opt for a career option in medicine. It is a 2-year full-time diploma course designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields.
15th June 2020, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 5th year doctor of pharmacy..can I appear for civil service exam in beginning of 6th year June(without completion of my internship)am I eligible to write in 2021
6th July 2020, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 5th year doctor of pharmacy, will i be able to appear for upsc next year as my course will be end on next year december
12th June 2022, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

You have answered by the people who have no knowledge about difference between D Pharma and Pharma D. I want to tell those person that D Pharma and Pharma D both are different D Pharma is a 2 years diploma certificate in pharmacy whereas Pharma D is a 6 year post graduate integrated Degree course and equal to ph.d and called Doctor of pharmacy. if anyone want to do Pharma D he can do it after M.pharma or after 10 2, integrated 6 years degree course
21st September 2022, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for apper for UPSC(Civil Service-IAS) exam after completion of Pharma D(Doctor of Pharmacy) course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?