26th February 2017, 07:50 PM
Nazr nachu

Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and I am planning to pursue BA English with Phonetics. I want to become an IAS Officer so I want to know can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  2. Can I get into IAS after completing graduation in B.A from English Honors
  3. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  4. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  5. Which course should I pursue after completing 12th (Science) to become an IAS officer?
  6. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  7. How to become an IAS officer after completing B.Com with 66%
  8. Which Institute and Degree is best for an IAS Aspirants? I've Passed 10 with first class.
  9. What should I do to become an IAS Officer after completing Charted Accountant course?
  10. What should I do to become an IAS Officer being a 12th student?
  11. How can I become an IAS Officer after completing B.Tech in Agriculture? How should I prepare for the exam?
  12. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  13. Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?
  14. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is not being good in spoken English a problem for being selected in IAS? How may I improve my communication skills?
  16. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  17. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  18. Is it possible to become an IAS Officer after completing BA in Culinary Arts? How can I start the preparation for the same? -- [New]
28th February 2017, 06:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics?

Yes, you will be an I.A.S Officer after qualifying in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age limit is between 21-32 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination even after bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you must start preparation for examination to qualify in examination with a proper strategy and as according to syllabus.
28th February 2017, 11:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics?

Yes, you can pursue your bachelor degree in any discipline. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and is among the toughest examination.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of degree course to appear for examination.

So, you must start prepare for examination but try to select the discipline of degree in which you have more interest so that it will be helpful for you in selection as optional paper for Mains stage ( 2nd stages of examination ).

To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2017, 11:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam is:

Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. You are eligible for IAS entrance exam called Civil Services exam after bachelor's degree in English with Phonetics.

Age limit is 21-32 years.
1st March 2017, 06:15 AM
BESTANI
Junior Member+

**to Become a IAS officer you need to write the civil services exam every conducted by the UPSC India wise.

**For writing the civil service exam you must finish bachelor degree in any discipline any recognized university.

**the age limits for the candidates are.

For General category candidates 32 years.

For OBC category candidates 35 years.

For SC and ST candidates 37 years.

For physical handicapped candidate 42 years.

**there are some limit is there for attempting IAS exam.

For General candidates 6

for OBC candidates 9

There is no limit for the SC and ST candidates.

**Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application form containing 2 stages part 1 and part 2.

**The civil service exam is difficult exam in compare to all other competitive exams.

there are two phases of exam is there.

IAS prelims

IAS mains.

**The syllabus of this exam is very deep each part of the syllabus for detailed strategy.
1st March 2017, 08:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazr nachu View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and I am planning to pursue BA English with Phonetics. I want to become an IAS Officer so I want to know can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics? Please answer as soon as possible.
You are a final year student of B.A course, so you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
10th June 2017, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I am doing BA 2nd year with polsci I Want to become An IAS officer so please help me what can do after BA and I thinking BA after law but this processor is very long so please help me and my age is below to 21 MNS my age is 18 so please guided me thanku
6th June 2018, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am looking for a job having salary 40000 , so what should i do after completing ba english , should i go for higher degree or something else.
24th June 2020, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I would like to inform that am interested to take BA in English. Now am studying in 12th std ..Is the subject BA english is good or not to become an IAS officer / LLB ? I want to become an IAS after completing my degree in BA English they are possible or not??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?