7th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA examination after diploma in civil engineering?

Hello Sir, I have started diploma (civil) after 12th with PCM. I am in a last year of diploma. What should I do to join Indian Army? Can I apply for NDA examination after completing diploma? My age is 19. Please reply me on my mail for my satisfaction. My mail address is [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for defense if I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering and 26 years old?
  2. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Courses that can be done by a 12th failed candidate
  4. How to join NDA or IMA after diploma in civil engineering?
  5. Can I apply for SSC JE Civil Engineering exam after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  6. Can a Female student apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA?
  7. What can I do after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  8. Is diploma always equivalent to inter? Can I join NDA after diploma?
  9. Can I apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam after completing diploma in Electrical Engineering through distance?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completing 10+ Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  11. How to join NDA after completing diploma? I am studying civil diploma 2nd year in ICE
  12. Can I apply for NDA after completion of Diploma course?
  13. How to apply for Diploma in Mining after the completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  14. In which course to apply after completion of diploma in civil engineering? -- [New]
  15. What are the career opportunities available after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering? How can I apply for the course?
  16. What are the career options for PCB students apart from MBBS?
  17. Possibility to join NDA for Civil Engineering Diploma 5th semester candidate?
  18. Can diploma holders appear for UPSC examination?
7th September 2016, 07:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA examination after diploma in civil engineering?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same which is a defense academy for giving trainings to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an aim of becoming a commissioned officer in Indian defense sector.

--> NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum requirement for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th or any other equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognized institute. For joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics must includes Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.

* You must satisfy by the fitness norms as specified in the fitness norms.

--> So being a regular Class 12th passed candidate you are eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination on the same ground and the qualification of diploma has hardly any importance for your eligibility.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 07:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, as per your qualification you are eligible to appear for examination. But as the next examination will be conducted in April you will cross the maximum age limit.

So, you cannot appear for examination due to age limit. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 10:59 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering. The reason why you are not eligible for appearing in NDA Examination is as follows.

>> Minimum Educational Qualification:

* Candidates must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern

* Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible for appearing in NDA Examination.

>> As the minimum educational qualification required is 12th Class, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for NDA Examination being a Diploma holder.
8th September 2016, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have started diploma (civil) after 12th with PCM. I am in a last year of diploma. What should I do to join Indian Army? Can I apply for NDA examination after completing diploma? My age is 19. Please reply me on my mail for my satisfaction. My mail address is [email protected]
No, diploma candidates can't apply for NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
8th September 2016, 12:22 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes after completing your diploma in Civil Engg you can join army through NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The following are the eligibility required for NDA examination:-

**For Army wing of National Defence Academy:-You should be passed 12th Class or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

**For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy:-You should be 10+2 passed with physics and mathematics subjects. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class under the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent can also apply.

**Only unmarried male candidates are eligible

**Age limit in between 16 ½ to 19 ½ Years.
23rd May 2019, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in civil engineering and my current age is 23 can I get admission in nda What is the way please guide me
19th August 2021, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

My age is 19 and i have completed my diploma in civil engineering,Can i apply for NDA examination ?
11th September 2021, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

BTECH CIVIL ENGINEER CAN APPLY FOR NDA OR NOT?
14th September 2021, 06:29 PM
Singhskomal

National defence academy (NDA).
eligibility for NDA :- unmarried candidate below 20 years who cleared their 10+2exam in physics and mathematics stream.
Age limit :- 16.5 years to until the age of 19 years.

Written exam:- mathematics and general ability, physics, chemistry, English, general knowledge, history, geography and current events.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?