1st February 2014, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

With BA History degree can I become an IPS Officer?

After 12 i am interested to join in BA history , with the degree i will became an ips officer? i am sc caste sir

13th March 2014, 10:59 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: With BA History degree can I become an IPS Officer?

Yes, you can become a IPS Officer for sure. The common eligibility criteria for applying IPS Officer exam is as follows,

-> Candidates should be more than 21 years of age and not more than 30 years of age.

-> Candidate must have a Graduation degree in any discipline from Government registered colleges.

-> Candidate who are in the final semester and awaiting for the results can also apply.

-> 165cm minimum height for Men and 150cm for Women. Chest girth fully expanded 84cm for Men and 79cm for Women, expansion of 5cm for Men and Women.

-> Candidate should have proper vision with distant vision of 6/6 or 6/9 and corrections permitted with spectacles.

I have attached some of the previous year model papers, tips and syllabus of the IPS exam in this post for your reference. Just go through it and start your preparation right away!
Attached Files
File Type: zip IPS.zip(3.30 MB, 36 views)
File Type: pdf IPS preparation Tips.pdf(15.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: pdf IPS Syllabus(tentative).pdf(9.6 KB, 329 views)
13th March 2014, 11:06 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: With BA History degree can I become an IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After 12 i am interested to join in BA history , with the degree i will became an ips officer? i am sc caste sir
Hey friend,

Yeah of course you an join in as a IPS officer with having completed BA in History as you are satisfying the education qualification needed for the exam.

To tell about this exam,it is conducted for candidate to join in as a IPS officer and this exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is held every year.

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied by the candidate in order to apply for the course as it is important and they include such as :
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

To be descriptive about these criteria's it is that the candidate should be a Citizen of India.

The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 21-30 years of age and as you have mentioned that you are a SC/ST candidate there is relaxation for you as you need to have 21-35 years of age.

Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage and that can be in any stream.

Apart from all these the candidate need to be Physically fit.

The candidate is selected through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?