15th December 2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Can i get government job being a B.E. (Mechanical) student with low vision?

Dear sir,

I am suffering from low vision. I am pursuing B.E degree course in Mechanical engineering field. I am studying in 2nd year. Can i get job in government sector?

Related Questions:
15th December 2015, 08:53 PM
mallesh408
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can i get government job being a B.E. (Mechanical) student with low vision?

There are huge openings for BE Mechanical
there are government firms i listed here are
1.BHEL
2.NTPC
3.SCCL
3.BDL
4.BEL
5.ECIL
6.NFC
7.HMT
8.HNL
9.HUL
10.HAL
11.ISRO
12.NRSC
13.MIDHANI

These all are PSUs of India.
15th December 2015, 09:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get government job being a B.E. (Mechanical) student with low vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,

I am suffering from low vision. I am pursuing B.E degree course in Mechanical engineering field. I am studying in 2nd year. Can i get job in government sector?
If you have fulfill below given vision criteria, then you are eligible for government jobs.

Uncorrected without glass: 6/6

Corrected with glass: 6/6

Limits of Myopia: -0.75

Limits of Hypermetropia: +1.5

Limits of Colour Perception: I

Binocular Vision: III
15th December 2015, 11:19 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IES exam is best option for the Engineering candidates , The eligibility criteria are as follows:

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in Engineering filed That to ( Mechanical , Electrical , Electronics , Computer science , Civil etc..)
The age limit is 21 - 30 years .
There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
15th December 2015, 11:40 PM
iphone5s

Yes, you can get any of the government job. Since, low vision can be corrected so, you need not to worry about your vision. you are in 2nd year. You have 2 more year for the treatment. So, apply for the treatment. It will get corrected in 2 years.
15th December 2015, 11:42 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are definitely eligible for the government job if you fulfill all other eligibility criteria. Low vision can not be a barrier in your job. You can take the benefit of physical handicapped as per the section 33 of the pwd act 1955.

The selection process for almost of the companies includes :

** Entrance test
** Then general group discussion
** Then technical interview and at last
** Personal interview.

After clearing all you will get a job.
15th December 2015, 11:58 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely there is opportunities available for Mechanical students even though they have eye sight (low vision ). Lot of companies who wanted to recruit the people does not have any eye sight, they will be mentioned in the Notification.

Most of the government based companies or any defense services will not allow the candidates with lower division sight.
12th January 2020, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

low vision mecanical student can apply for ies exam,if yes then which department allow it ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?