24th October 2015, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

What is placement criteria for government job for B.E. mechanical candidate?

I am T.E. mechanical student. I want information about government job. What is placement criteria for government job for B.E. mechanical candidate? Is it possible for me to get the job soon? It will be really helpful if you can answer back soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Can Diploma engineer attend the entrance of NIT?
  2. How is job placement for Mechanical Engineers in Lovely Professional University?
  3. What is the placement criteria followed for getting a job in Microsoft?
  4. How to get a job in a mechanical core company? I am studying 2nd year B.E in mechanical branch
  5. How can I get a job as there is no campus placement available at the college? I am a final year mechanical engineering student with 73% marks?
  6. What are the jobs available in government sector for mechanical engineering candidate?
  7. What are the advantages of doing M.Tech course if I wanted to get a government job in future?
  8. Can I apply for government job after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting a government job being in the non creamy layer?
  10. What are the jobs which are available in government for candidate who is specialized in Architecture? -- [New]
  11. How to go for government job after completing B.E in mechanical engineering?
  12. Complete details about IES exam?
  13. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 6th semester female candidate?
  14. What is the entry age for OBC candidate for government job in Assam?
  15. When Mahindra & Mahindra will take Off-Campus Interview in Mumbai? Eligibility to get placement for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  16. Which are the government jobs available for a mechanical student in government field? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get a government job after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Job opportunities in government sector after passing B.E mechanical engineering?
25th October 2015, 09:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is placement criteria for government job for B.E. mechanical candidate?

Mechanical engineering has large scope in government sector. But to get a government job a candidate must crack the entrance examination conducted for that job. Competition is very high, you can not get good job without clearing entrance exams.

For government job entrance exams even if you have passing percentage of marks, you can apply for the various exams. Being a mechanical engineer, you can apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for government jobs in Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc.

Other than GATE exam, you can apply for the Civil Services exam, Indian Engineering Services, for jobs in defence you can apply for the AFCAT or CDS exam. You are eligible for the SSC CGL, Banking exams etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?