29th May 2016, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in government companies as per my academic records?

I have less marks in ssc and hssc. I have completed ssc in 2005 with 54% and hssc in 2010 with 58%(Nagpur board). Now in B.Tech (cse) 2014 pass out with 68%. I am nervous regarding my career. Can i get the job in governemnt companies?

30th May 2016, 04:33 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get job in government companies as per my academic records?

You have completed your B.Tech degree with 68% marks and also score less than 60% marks in SSC and HSSC. You are worried to get job in government companies.

>>Since you have not throughout 60% in your academics. So you are not eligible to sit any campus drive of private company. Yes, definitely you are eligible for govt. job. In government sector job it does not matter how much percentage you have scored. If you have completed your graduation degree, you are eligible for recruitment exam.

>>In my opinion you have to start preparing for government jobs in technical as well as in non technical field. Following are the competitive exams (technical/ non technical)
in which you can apply:

--Indian Railway JE, SSE

--ISRO Scientist post (Computer science discipline)

--IBPS IT officer (scale I)

--IBPS/ SBI PO, clerk

--Indian Railway (Non technical post)

--SSC CGL

--Airport Authority of India (AAI)
30th May 2016, 09:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Government jobs are not given on basis of academic percentage of marks but given on performance in entrance test conducted. There are many government job entrance exams for which you can apply like:

>>Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for jobs in Public Sector Undertakings like IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc.

>>Indian Engineering Services: Age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

>>You can get jobs in Banking sector by applying for exams like IBPS PO or SBI PO exam.

>>In general competitive exams, you can apply for Civil Services exam, SSC CGL exam and IB ACIO exam.

You can appear for any of these exams and crack its various stages to grab job.
30th May 2016, 09:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually as per your academic career is concerned there is a very few chances of getting job since you have lot of gaps in between your academic career.

But one I must confirm you is take a look at the central government jobs where you will not find any type of restriction on age criteria. So most of the cases this will happen. So try to check out the eligibility criteria.

That to you should be careful while you are applying for any of exams. After all percentage is not at all requirement in case of government jobs minimum requirement is 50 or 55% of marks from the recognized board.
31st May 2016, 12:38 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for government jobs but for this first you need to qualify written test. After that you need to go through an interview or typing test.
Some of the government sector jobs are as under:-
SSC
MTS
FCI
UDC
Banks
Army
Air Force
Navy
Railways etc.

Age limit 18 years to 28 years.
Age limit for banking in clerk it is 21 years to 28 years.
For PO it is 21 years to 30 years.
17th January 2017, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

I have a nice academic record of 98% in class 10th, 98.7% in class 12th and now good pointer of 9.15/10 (C.G.P.A after 3 sems) what will be good for me to choose after btech ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?