24th June 2016, 04:20 PM
Vikram Nirbhavane

Can I join Indian Navy after scoring 56% in 12th Science (PCB)?

Hello Sir, I have Passed 12th this year with Science (PCB) Group scoring 56%. I want to join Indian Navy, but I am confused that am I eligible to join the Indian Navy?

25th June 2016, 06:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after scoring 56% in 12th Science (PCB)?

Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The other Indian Armed Forces are Indian Army and Indian Air Force. To join in any of these Indian Armed Forces after completion of your 12th standard, you should have to appear in National Defense Academy (NDA) examination.

National Defense Academy (NDA) examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year in the months of April and September. To be eligible to appear in NDA (Indian Navy) examination, you should have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You must be an Indian National.

=> You must be an Unmarried Male candidate within the age of 16 1/2 to 19 years.

=> You should have passed Intermediate or equivalent course with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be Physically as well as Mentally healthy.

As per the data you have mentioned in your query, it is clear that you have completed your 12th standard with Medical Science stream and you have not pursued Mathematics subject, so, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.
25th June 2016, 06:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with PCB group. As per the eligibility criteria to appear in NDA exam , a candidate must have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognised board in order to join Indian Navy after 12th. Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years. But as a medical student you are not eligible to appear in this exam but you can appear in CDS exam after completion of your graduation.
25th June 2016, 07:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as for the same Mathematics as main subject in the academic of a candidate is must.

But if you are interested to serve Indian defense sector then you have the option of Indian Army for which you will need to join NDA by clearing NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination.

NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination, the minimum qualifications ( apart from your educational qualification as mentioned ) are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must be physically fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
25th June 2016, 07:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Nirbhavane View Post
Hello Sir, I have Passed 12th this year with Science (PCB) Group scoring 56%. I want to join Indian Navy, but I am confused that am I eligible to join the Indian Navy?
You have passed 12th standard with PCB, So you are not eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for Indian Navy exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
25th June 2016, 08:22 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

After 12th, one can join Indian Navy through NDA exam. But, for that one need to pass 12th in PCM group of subject. So, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy through NDA exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board of education.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.
25th June 2016, 09:34 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge no you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after scoring 56% in 12th Science (PCB). Students who passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths stream, they can join Indian Navy. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years and not be greater than 19.5 years. Also you need to score minimum 50% in your class 12th for INDIAN NAVY.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?