16th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy if having Myopia of -0.5D?

Respected Sir,
I am student of age 17 years. I want to join in Indian Navy. My Higher Secondary result is not given still. I hope I will get 60% in the exam. I have a problem that I have Myopia(-0.5D). My height is 169 cms. I have PCM subjects. Sir can I eligible to join Indian Navy?

17th March 2015, 12:17 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy if having Myopia of -0.5D?

To join Indian Navy, you need to crack the National Defence Academy Examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year for admission to Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings. Let's see the eligibility criteria for NDA Examination.

-> Aspirant should have passed intermediate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized school.
-> Aspirant age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.
-> Aspirant should be unmarried male candidate.
-> Aspirant should be Citizen of India.

Let’s see the eligibility eye standards of India Navy examination. If your eye matches the below mentioned standards then, definitely you are eligible to apply for this examination.

Eye Standards :-

-> Uncorrected Without Glass :- 6/9
-> Corrected with glass :- 6/6
-> Limits of Myopia :- -0.75
-> Limits of Hypermetropia :- +1.5
-> Binocular Vision :- III
-> Limits of Color Perception :- I

More details, visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
17th March 2015, 06:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am student of age 17 years. I want to join in Indian Navy. My Higher Secondary result is not given still. I hope I will get 60% in the exam. I have a problem that I have Myopia(-0.5D). My height is 169 cms. I have PCM subjects. Sir can I eligible to join Indian Navy?
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Navy exam through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

For Army and Navy Exam :-

Corrected with Glass –> 6/6
Myopia Limits -> - 0.75
Hypermetropia -> +1.5
Color Perception -> I
Binocular Vision -> III

Height of NDA Exam:-

For Army Wings - 157.5 cms
For Air Force - 162.5 cms
For Naval Academy - 157 cms

Weight of NDA Exam:-

For Army & Naval Academy : 46-49 kgs.

For Air force :48-52 kgs.
17th March 2015, 08:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to join in Indian Navy even if you are having a myopia of -0.5D because, the limit of myopia is upto -0.75D to be eligible to join in Indian Navy. To join in Indian Navy, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an unmarried male candidate.

5. You must be physically and mentally fit.

Visual Standards for Indian Navy :-
--> Uncorrected without glass :- 6/6, 6/9
--> Corrected without glass :- 6/6, 6/6
--> Limits of Myopia :- -0.75D
--> Limits of Hypermetropia :- +1.5
--> Binouclar Vision :- III
--> Limits of colour perception :- I
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?