12th March 2015, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I write CDS exam in 3rd year of B.Tech?

Well tell me that is there any eligibility for writing cds exam in engineering 3rd year? I mean that can write it in 3rd year?

14th March 2015, 10:27 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write CDS exam in 3rd year of B.Tech?

No, you are NOT eligible to apply for CDS Examination being a third year B.Tech student. Whereas Final year pursuing B.E/ B.Tech candidates are eligible to appear in CDS Examination. Since you are still in 3rd Year B.Tech, and hence you are not eligible to appear in CDS Exam this year. You can appear in CDS Exam next year since you will be studying final year next year.

Important Note: Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent Examination also eligible to compete. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of Passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission's Notice for the Examination. So you can apply for CDS Examination Next year when you will be in final year B.Tech.
23rd March 2015, 08:17 PM
cuteneetu
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Can I write CDS exam in 3rd year of B.Tech?

hello dear,

Sorry to say but you can not apply for this exam right now because you are in B.TECH 3rd year.
after completing b.tech or pursuing last year then you can apply for the exam.

ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR CDS EXAM:-

* you must be passed graduate or pursuing final year from the recognized university.

* you must be an indian.

* you must be fit and fine.

* age must be above to 20 years.

all the best

thank you
24th March 2015, 06:33 AM
mohitvats86

No, you cannot eligible to apply for CDS exam in 3rd year of B.Tech. First read the complete advertisement as published in employment news by the UPSC, which is conducting this exam Twice in year. They require :-
1. Any Graduate final year pursuing/passed from a recognized university in india.
2. Only Indian citizen can apply.
3. Age Limit 18-25 Years.
So in your case you are studying engineering 3rd year, you have to apply in your 4th year/final year.
24th March 2015, 09:15 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well tell me that is there any eligibility for writing cds exam in engineering 3rd year? I mean that can write it in 3rd year?

CDS Exam is a defence services exam and for applying there are certain standards which are needed to be satisfied. According to the qualification which you possess, you are not eligible to apply for CDS exam at this stage regarding the educational qualification needed.

Educational qualification needed for CDS Exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university or even final year appearing candidate can also apply for the exam. In the case of yours, you have not completed your graduation and have a year pending to complete the course. So it is better that you complete your course and then apply for the exam.

Other criteria includes:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# The age limit needed for exam is 19-24 years for IMA

# For Indian Navy it is 19-22 years

# For IAF 19-23 years

# For OTA it is 19-25 years

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2015, 10:06 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say this and the reason is that you are not eligible to apply for the CDS Examination this year .The reason behind that is the candidates having the graduation degree and the final year students of graduation are only eligible to apply for the CDS examination.

Don't worry you can apply for the next year examination and then you will be pursuing the Final year of B.Tech . Through CDS you will have a chance to apply for three wings namely Indian Air force ,Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The Ages are varying depends on the type of post you can apply for.
22nd December 2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i write CDS exam in final year B. Tech (4 th year)
23rd August 2020, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

can a female with btech degree apply for ima,ina,afa,ota
3rd October 2020, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

can i write cds exam in 2nd year of btech while my age is above 20
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?