28th April 2015, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Does ISRO offer B.Tech course? Can I get a job there after completing B.Tech?

Hello,
I want to join ISRO to study there.
Because I have heard that ISRO is also
providing education. So, I want to know that
B.Tech is providing by ISRO? And I get job
after my B.Tech there?

29th April 2015, 06:15 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does ISRO offer B.Tech course? Can I get a job there after completing B.Tech?

For your kind information, you have heard something wrong about the education facility at ISRO because it has not been in news that ISRO is providing education/ degree courses to students because degree courses can only be provided by recognized universities/ institutes/ colleges and other study centers but ISRO is a research organization of government of India and why would it provide education, it has a lot of functions which are not easy to maintain but you must not be in this belief that ISRO provides education.

One thing may be right about ISRO that ISRO provides training/ internship to candidates who have been graduated in various disciplines of engineering and qualified for the job in ISRO after a particular recruitment procedure so candidates holding BE/.B.Tech when join the job in ISRO then they get trained by some professional experts of ISRO and other scientists as well so this is the fact about ISRO that it provides training.

If you complete your B.Tech then you can apply for job in ISRO but before that, you need to qualify GATE entrance examination that is most compulsory to qualify for a candidate before applying for job in any PSU of India that is why you need to clear this entrance examination with good marks then pass interview process of ISRO conducted by a particular committee then only you may get the job.

There are various posts for engineers recruited in ISRO are - Assistant Engineer, Junior Engineer, Executive Engineer, Scientist/ Engineer, Technician Grade B etc. so you can apply for such jobs for a particular discipline after your B.Tech.
29th April 2015, 07:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does ISRO offer B.Tech course? Can I get a job there after completing B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to join ISRO to study there.
Because I have heard that ISRO is also
providing education. So, I want to know that
B.Tech is providing by ISRO? And I get job
after my B.Tech there?
No, ISRO doesn't offer B.Tech course.

Yes, B.Tech degree holder candidate are eligible for ISRO recruitment.

The eligibility criteria for ISRO is given below-

You should be a student of science or engineering stream from a recognized college or university with above 60% marks from the following branches only :

Electrical and Electronics, Biotechnology, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Science, Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Psychology, Physics, Computer Science, Pharmacy, Nursing, Botany, Automobile Engineering, Metallurgy, Veterinary Science Zoology, Library Science, Photography, Electrical, Physics, Radiography, Die and Molding, Tool, Mechanical, Textile, Instrumentation, Chemical Engineering, Printing

Final year students can also apply for ISRO exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?