30th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Is General caste suitable for me, if I belong to OBC category?

I have given GEN in caste column and I actually belong to BC and there was options as SC/ST, OBC AND GEN. Does GEN category is right or it is a mistake?

30th October 2017, 08:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is General caste suitable for me, if I belong to OBC category?

1. BC means Backward Class. Under backward class different categories are there OBC creamy layer and non creamy layer. You do not belong to General category.

2. Since you have mentioned your category as open, you will not be eligible for any reservation benefits if applicable to your category. Your form will be accepted as open category candidate.
30th October 2017, 09:55 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

There will be no more difference between general and OBC category. Generally there are 2 years age relaxation for OBC candidates but according to new norms set by the government in some of the government jobs there are no reservation for OBC candidates.
So there is no benefit in mentioning this. But it depends on you that you want to mention it or not. While form filling you have to look after this that whether there is relaxation for OBC or not. If yes then mention OBC otherwise general. There will be no any problem. If you will mention OBC category then you need a certificate of it. But in general category it is not necessary.
31st October 2017, 12:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you belong to backward class, you should have filled the application form with backward class option. Under the backward class, there are different categories like OBC creamy layer and non creamy layer.
As you have selected general category, you will not going to get any reservation benefit which will be applicable.
31st October 2017, 04:50 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Since you have mistakenly filled GEN in caste column instead of OBC, so you wouldn't be given any benefit for reserved category. However there will be no problem in acceptance of you application form as a General category and you can appear for the exam as a general candidate, no reservation benefits will be given to you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?