19th April 2014, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for engineering related work in IAF? Which course to do for an Officer post?

Hi,sir/madam
i m doing my 1st year bein electricals and electronics branch since im interested to work in iaf as a enginnrr can u pls help me how can i apply toit
andwhich all the course that i should do to get a good officer post,, in iaf

24th April 2014, 12:06 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for engineering related work in IAF? Which course to do for an Officer post?

After completing engineering degree you are eligible to apply for IAF Examination. You can join Indian Air force through AFCAT Examination. AFCAT i.e Air Force Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year for admission to Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

Flying Branch :- You must have a completed B.E/B.Tech course from a recognized University or You must have a completed degree course with any discipline from a recognized University and must secure at least 60% Marks in aggregation and must have passed Physics and Mathematics as subjects at Intermediate level.

Technical Branch :- You must have a completed Aeronautical Engineering in Electronics course with 60% Marks in aggregation from a recognized University or You must have a completed Aeronautical Engineering in Mechanical from a recognized University and must secure at least 60% Marks in aggregation.

Ground Duty Branch :- You must have a completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or You must have a completed post graduate degree course with any discipline from a recognized University.

The exam notification will be publish in the month of July or August in the official website of Indian Air Force and Employment news paper. More details, Visit the official website :- http://careerairforce.nic.in/
24th April 2014, 11:24 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for engineering related work in IAF? Which course to do for an Officer post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,sir/madam
i m doing my 1st year bein electricals and electronics branch since im interested to work in iaf as a enginnrr can u pls help me how can i apply toit
andwhich all the course that i should do to get a good officer post,, in iaf
Hey friend,

First you all you cannot apply for joining in Indian Air Force as with your qualification,as you are now only doing your 1st year in your Graduation.Anyways as per what you have mentioned it would be better that you apply for the entrance exam after graduation which is the AFCAT EXam

The AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted for candidate to join in Ground Duty,Technical and Flying Branch in Indian Air Force.

There is eligibility standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:

Ground Duty Branches

> The candidate should have a Citizenship in India and the age limit needed is 20-27 years of age.
> Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

Flying Branch

> The candidate should have a Citizenship in India and the age limit needed is minimum of 19 years of age and maximum of 23 years.
> The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

Technical Branch

> Candidate must be a Citizen of India.
> The age limit needed is 18-28 years of age
> Candidate should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

If you are going to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the respected branch then you can apply for the AFCAT Exam.

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?