1st December 2017, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to prepare for IAS officer exam after class 12th with biology?

Sir, I am Anmol. I had just passed class 12th with biology group and taking admission in B.Sc with CBZ. To become an IAS officer is my dream. So, is it better to help me crack the IAS exam. And also mine age is 17. Should I give civil service exam after my graduation i.e in 20 years of age. Please help it is my mobile no. 7906346609. Contact Sir/Madam.

1st December 2017, 09:38 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to prepare for IAS officer exam after class 12th with biology?

To be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree courses are also eligible.

So being a 17 years old candidate having done Class 12th with Biology group for becoming an IAS officer you will first have to complete your graduation degree and have to wait until your age goes within the specified age limit for appearing in Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
1st December 2017, 11:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to prepare for IAS officer exam after class 12th with biology?

Procedure to prepare for IAS Officer Examination after completion of 12th Class with Biology:

There is a certain procedure that is to be followed in order to appear in IAS Officer Recruitment Examination.

>> Yes, you are certainly eligible to prepare for IAS officer examination with biology background.

>> In order to prepare for the examination, make sure you successfully meet the required eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline.

>> You are required to choose the optional subjects based on the subjects that you pursue during Graduation.

>> Make sure you successfully pass Preliminary Examination followed by Mains Examination which is followed by Interview in order to get selected finally.
2nd December 2017, 09:58 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for India Indian Administrative Services and the candidates who are interested to become an IAS officer have to appear for Civil Services Examination for which you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You have to complete your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized college/university

> You must be an Indian citizen

> Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years and for OBC/SC/ST candidates it is 33 years and 37 years respectively

> You must have a height of 165 cms and should have a god eyesight

The selection will depend upon the performance in the examination followed by physical and medical examination.
2nd December 2017, 10:03 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and the candidates who are interested to become an IAS officer have to appear for Civil Services Examination for which you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You have to complete your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized college/university

> You must be an Indian citizen

> Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years. For OBC/ST/ST candidates the age should be 35 years and 37 years respectively

> You must have a height of 165 cms and should have a good eyesight

The selection of the candidates are done on the basis of their performance in the examination followed by physical and medical test.
2nd December 2017, 03:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands forIndian Administrative Services .

A candidate with any degree or any subjects is considered eligible for this examination hence you are eligible to appear in this examination if we belong from Biology subject. Personally I would like to suggest you to go through the NCERT books syllabus thoroughly and students usually have Biology from the class 8, so try to accumulate all the NCERT books of Biology from class 8th onwards. Go through them and make sure that you are basics are clear. I think NCERT books are more than sufficient to make you prepare well for the IAS examination.

These are the best books which you can refer to prepare yourself:

Arihant Publications

Upkar Publication

Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay

Public Administration by M laxmikanth

Romila Thapar
2nd December 2017, 04:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am Anmol. I had just passed class 12th with biology group and taking admission in B.Sc with CBZ. To become an IAS officer is my dream. So, is it better to help me crack the IAS exam. And also mine age is 17. Should I give civil service exam after my graduation i.e in 20 years of age. Please help it is my mobile no. 7906346609. Contact Sir/Madam.

Candidates after completion of 12th Biology have to study, graduation in any discipline to become an IAS Officer. Candidates have to clear the civil service examinations conducted by the UPSC to become an IAS Officer. Candidates can prepare for civil service examinations through various coaching classes available. There are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview to clear the civil service examinations. Candidates can join the coaching classes available in the cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc. or prepare without coaching also for the civil service examinations.
2nd December 2017, 08:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed your 12th standard with Biology stream and now you are Aspiring an IAS officer then you have to follow these tips to prepare yourself for this examination:

Read your NCERT books of Biology subject if you want to take Biology as your optional subject in the examination right from today and clear your concepts.

You can also subscribe magazines such as Biology today to enhance your knowledge.

Keep your knowledge of Biology subject up to date.

Read newspaper daily.

You need to keep update yourself with current affairs.
2nd December 2017, 08:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you have to wait for another year after completion of degree. But. you must start preparation from now to qualify in examination.

As a first step make improve your writing skills and make habit of reading newspaper. Go through NCERT books upto 12th std ( Social Studies, General Science ).

For detail syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd December 2017, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am abhijeet. I had 12th science with PCB group to become an IPS ficer is my dream. So, is it better to help me crack the IPS exam. And also mine age is 17. Should I give civil exam. Please help it is my mobile number.
8208196249. Contact sir/madam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?