18th November 2017, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Qualification needed to become Superintendent of Police

Hi, I'm Vijay, studying in Diploma Electrical and Electronics Engineering. What are the qualification needed to become an Superintendent of Police I mean could I go after completing my Diploma? Please answer me. Waiting for your reply! You could also email me, if you would like to. This is my email [email protected].

18th November 2017, 08:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification needed to become Superintendent of Police

To become a Superintendent of Police, you have to apply for SI examination which is conducted by your respective state government. You should have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. You should be within 21 to 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules to apply for SI examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course to be eligible to apply for Superintendent of Police job.
18th November 2017, 10:47 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Superintendent of Police you have to qualify Civil Services Exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility for this exam:

Pass Graduation with any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit:

21 to 32 years in General Category.
Relaxation for OBC is 3 years.
Relaxation for SC/ST is 5 years.

Nationality: Indian

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

Thanks.
19th November 2017, 11:23 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Superintendent of Police, you must complete your bachelor's degree at first from a recognized university. Diploma qualified candidates are not eligible for the position. Candidates have to appear for Civil Services examination for which they must be an Indian citizen. Their age should be 21 t0 32 years and age relaxation is there for OBC and SC/ST candidates of 3 years and 5 years respectively. They must have a minimum height of 165 cms and should have a good eyesight. The selection will depend on the performance in the examination followed by personal interview and physical examination.
19th November 2017, 12:49 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To become Superintendent of Police, you will have first to qualify civil services exam.

Civil services exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must hold graduation degree from any recognized university with aggregate 55% marks.

Nationality : Indian

Age limit for general category is 21 to 32 years.

Relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ST category.

Relaxation up to 3 years for OBC category.
19th November 2017, 03:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

SP stands for Superintendent of Police.

UPSC conducts civil services exam to make requirement in Indian police services.

The candidate who wishes to become Superintendent of Police have to sit for a open competitive examination conducted by State Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam:-

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised college or university.

The candidate age should be in between 21 year to 32 years for general category. Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC / ST candidates.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
19th November 2017, 03:34 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

To become Superintendent of Police, you need to take the competitive civil services examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility criteria for this exam is:

Candidate must have citizenship of India.

Age limit for general category 21 - 32 years.

Relaxation is available for reserved category.

Candidate must be graduate.

There are four stages of exam:

Prelims written exam.

Mains exam.

Interview.

Medical Test.
19th November 2017, 08:16 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts civil services exam to make requirement in Indian Police services:-

Eligibility criteria for civil services exam:-

The candidate should have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

Age limit:-

The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 32 years for general category.

Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC / ST candidates.

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
19th November 2017, 08:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In India, to become the Supritendent Police of a district, which is the police head of that district, there are three different ways:

Clear UPSC CSAT with a good percentage and rank and then if qualified choose IPS among all other group A posts.

Clear your state public service commission examination and choose police post if qualified.

Really a tough one is a Sub Inspector entry in your state police department and most sub inspectors in India are the main offices work hard and investigate crimes.
19th November 2017, 09:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You need at least a degree in any discipline to become eligible for supritendent post. Staff Selection Commission conducts exam for CPO SI in various Paramilitary forces as well as police forces from time to time. Selection is based on the performance in written exam and physical fitness test.
19th November 2017, 10:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Qualification required to become Superintendent of Police:

With diploma qualification, you are not eligible to apply for the post of Superintendent of Police. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to apply for this recruitment.

>> The basic educational qualification required for SP recruitment is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering is not equivalent to Bachelor Degree, you are not eligible for this recruitment.

>> Hence, I suggest you to continue studies after completion of Diploma course in order to be eligible. So, I suggest you to do B.E/ B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering course to be eligible for this recruitment.
21st January 2020, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

My height is 5.4 1/2, I belong to sc category, Can I become a sp
29th October 2020, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

After diploma engineering we can do bachular of arts (ba) or what
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?