23rd July 2018, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IAS Officer for a candidate after completing BCom course?

Hello friends, I am studying in 12th standard. After completing my 12th, I will do BCom course. But my aim is to become an IAS Officer. So, can I know about the steps through which I can achieve my aim after my Graduation?

24th July 2018, 07:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS Officer for a candidate after completing BCom course?

In order to become an IAS officer, at first you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. You must be a citizen of India. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years and age relaxation will be applicable on the eligible candidates. With this condition, you have to appear for the Civil Services examination. After qualifying the examination, you have to appear for physical test and personal interview for the selection.
24th July 2018, 07:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS Officer for a candidate after completing BCom course?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service. For selection as an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. You will become eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection. You have to prepare for examination with determination, dedication and devotion to qualify in the examination.

So, you can start preparation for examination as according to syllabus of examination available at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th July 2018, 09:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer after completion of your B.Com course, you have to appear in UPSC IAS examination. You can apply for UPSC IAS examination through online at the UPSC official website upsc.gov.in on or before last date of submission of application form. You have to clear Preliminary examination, Mains examination and Personal Interview to get selected as an IAS officer.
25th July 2018, 10:29 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for selection as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages and after qualifying in all of them you will become eligible for selection as an I.A.S Officer.

You have to start preparation for examination from fundamental so start reading NCERT books, The Hindu or India Express newspaper.

You can join any institute or take guidance from the senior who have prepared or preparing for examination. For syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th September 2018, 03:32 PM
Meg24

HELLO,
After completion of B.com ,you need to appear for the UPSc conducted Civil service examination to become an IAS.

The eligibility for the upsc examination is that any citizen above the age of 21 with a degree from a recognized university can apply.

The following is the procedure to become an IAS :
Clear the 3 stages conducted by UPSC with a very good rank (Prelims, Mains and Interview)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?