2nd June 2016, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to opt for IRS Mains being a B.Com graduate?

Hi, I am B.Com graduate. Please let me know whichh subject should I opt for in IRS mains. Please send details to [email protected] or at [email protected]

3rd June 2016, 09:37 PM
userdefined

Default Re: Which subject to opt for IRS Mains being a B.Com graduate?

-You have taken a good option in your Bachelor since you have aim in Civil Service. B.A. Economics will be best option if you are looking for IRS since it is Economics oriented job.
-Since you are aiming for IRS then Economics might be the compulsory subject if you looking for Mains paper in Civil service Exam.
-Editorial page will be very useful and Business Column and Economic Times will be the key area you have to watch out for if you are looking for IRS.
4th June 2016, 10:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to opt for IRS Mains being a B.Com graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am B.Com graduate. Please let me know whichh subject should I opt for in IRS mains. Please send details to [email protected] or at [email protected]
You have completed B.Com degree, so you can choose commerce subject as an optional paper.

Indian Revenue Service exam is under of Civil Service exam which is conducted by UPSC.

Candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Indian Revenue Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?