25th June 2017, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Is there any physical criteria for IAS officer?

Good morning Sir, I'm Sonalika, right now I'm studying in final year engineering. I want to become an IAS Officer. From where should I start my study? Is there any physical criteria for IAS Officer. Please guide me from initial stage and syllabus for prelims and mains exam. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  2. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  3. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  5. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  6. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  7. What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?
  8. Is physical fitness mandatory for IAS? What is the minimum physical eligbility criteria to apply for IAS?
  9. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  10. Information about IAS eligibility criteria?
  11. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  12. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination
  13. What is the physical criteria required to become a STF officer?
  14. Physical Requirements for IAS Entrance? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the physical medical criteria followed for applying UPSC IAS?
  16. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  17. What are the best post graduation course to do if I want to become an IAS in future?
  18. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
25th June 2017, 08:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any physical criteria for IAS officer?

Physical Standards Required for IAS Officer:

Yes, in order to become an IAS officer, you are required to meet the basic Physical Standards that are required. Here are the Physical standards,

>> Minimum Height For Male - 165 cms

>> Minimum Height for Female - 150 cms

>> Minimum Chest Required for Male - 84 cms and Expansion 5 cms

>> Minimum Chest Required for Female candidates - 79 cms and Expansion 5 cms

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming an IAS officer is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.
27th June 2017, 10:36 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts a national level exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other posts.

**No, there is not any physical criterion for IAS officer. You have to qualify the prelims exam, Mains exam followed by Interview.

Following are the tips you can follow to prepare for this UPSC Civil Services Exam:

>>Focus more on General Studies. For this you can follow good books such as :
**General Studies by Made Easy publication
**Manorama General Studies book

>>join test series to evaluate your preparation and work on weak areas.

>>keep aware about the current affairs. For this you can read daily newspaper or you can go through the weekly magazine such as pratiyogita darpan, success mirror etc.

>>If you face more problems, you can join any coaching center for the preparation as well.

>>Solve previous years papers which can be easily downloaded from its official website to get aware about the level of questions asked in the exam.

**The detailed syllabus of Prelims as well as for Mains exam is mentioned in the detailed notification of UPSC Civil Services Exam notification which is mentioned below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017.pdf(2.52 MB, 69 views)
28th June 2017, 05:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good morning Sir, I'm Sonalika, right now I'm studying in final year engineering. I want to become an IAS Officer. From where should I start my study? Is there any physical criteria for IAS Officer. Please guide me from initial stage and syllabus for prelims and mains exam. Thank you.
You are final year candidates of Engineering course so you are eligible for IAS exam. There are no physical criteria for IAS exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University then you are eligible for IAS exam.

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CSAT EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 24 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?