13th November 2016, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

Respected Sir, I have completed my graduation with B.Com and now I become an IAS officer but my height is 5 feet and 1 inch. I want to know am I eligible to become an IAS officer with such height?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  2. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  3. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  5. What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?
  6. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  7. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  8. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  9. What is the physical criteria required to become a STF officer?
  10. Is physical fitness mandatory for IAS? What is the minimum physical eligbility criteria to apply for IAS?
  11. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  12. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for graduation to become an IAS officer?
  13. Information about IAS eligibility criteria?
  14. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  15. What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required? -- [New]
  16. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  18. What is the steps to follow to become an IAS officer in future?
15th November 2016, 02:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is as below:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

>>Age limit for general category candidates is 21-32 years. Three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Yes, you are eligible to become IAS officer with height of 5 feet and 1 inch. For joining Indian Administrative Services, you need to crack Civil Services examination and its all different stages, Preliminary examination, Mains exam and interview.
15th November 2016, 06:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Height is not an important factor for becoming Indian Administrative Services Officer. So as to join Indian Administrative Services, a candidate needs to pass in all stages of Civil Services examination and obtain top rank upto which IAS is given. Generally top 100-150 rankers are able to join Indian Administrative Services.

The academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is graduation from a recognized university. You have completed your bachelor's degree in commerce and hence eligible for Civil Services examination. The age limit for Civil Services examination for candidates belonging to general category is 21-32 years. There are six attempts for general category candidates and nine for OBC candidates. No limit for OBC candidates till upper age limit which is 37 years.
15th November 2016, 07:41 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer are given below.

** CHEST: 84 cm for men and 79 cm for women.

** HEIGHT: 65 cm for men and 160 cm for women.

** GENERAL BODY: Your body should be totally fit.
15th November 2016, 07:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Height of five feet and one inch is enough to become Indian Administrative Services officer. Other than height criteria, you need to fulfill following criteria:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you have done bachelor's degree in commerce, you can apply for Civil Services examination.

2. Age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years.

You can apply for Civil Services examination that will be conducted in 2017.
15th November 2016, 09:57 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and the examination is conducted by UPSC. As you have completed your graduation in B.Com, so you are eligible to apply for this examination and you also have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years, for SC/ST it is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years.

> Minimum height required is 165 cms and for females 150 cms.

> Chest size for males should be 84 cms and for females 70 cms with minimum expansion of 5 cms.

> Weight must be in proportion to height.

> You must be physically and mentally fit. (Physically handicapped candidates can also join IAS).

So, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can become an IAS officer.
15th November 2016, 10:18 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Physical Standards Required to become an IAS Officer:

There are certain Physical Standards required to become an IAS officer. They are as follows.

>> Minimum Height for Men - 165 cms

>> Minimum Height for Women/ Females - 160 cms

>> Minimum Chest required for Male Candidates - 84 cms

>> Minimum Chest required for Women Candidates - 79 cms

>> There is a relaxation or expansion in the above standard of 5 cms
15th November 2016, 10:35 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with height 5 feet and one inch is eligible to become Indian Administrative Services Officer. Recruitment examination for IAS is Civil Services.

It requires bachelor's degree as minimum qualification and minimum age limit of 21 years. You are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination after Bachelor of Commerce.

After applying, you will have to clear preliminary examination to appear for mains exam,clear mains exam to appear for interview. Those who clear all these stages are selected.
15th November 2016, 11:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my graduation with B.Com and now I become an IAS officer but my height is 5 feet and 1 inch. I want to know am I eligible to become an IAS officer with such height?
IAS exam doesn't require any physical criteria.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
11th April 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

My hight is 5 feet. I want to become I.A.S.I am doing my study B.A .Now my age is 28.please suggest me . Can I become I.A.S.
7th May 2020, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

My height 4 feet 10 inche ,l want to become IAS officer...
I am studying in BSc
My age 19
I want to know that am I eligible for become an IAS officer with such hight???
Plz suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?