18th September 2016, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required to be eligible for UPSC based exam?

I have completed my 10th standard in a matriculation and after that i completed BA english in distance education after that i studied a designing n diploma and now studying
AMIE in textile engineering tell me whether i am eligible for UPSC? Can you please guide me with the answer on the same?

18th September 2016, 11:34 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to be eligible for UPSC based exam?

Qualification required to be eligible for UPSC based Examinations:

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to appear in UPSC based recruitment examinations. As you have not completed 12th class directly after 10th Class, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in UPSC based recruitment examination.

The minimum educational qualification required to appear in UPSC Examinations is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university.

As you have gap in academics after 10th Class, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for 12th Based UPSC examinations as well as Graduation based UPSC examinations.
18th September 2016, 01:46 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification required to be eligible for UPSC based exam?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for UPSC exams but most of the candidates apply for Civil Service Exam for various posts. You can also apply for the same.Every year UPSC conduct this exam.
To apply for that a candidate must be graduate from a recognized university and minimum age is 21 years and maximum is 32 years.
18th September 2016, 03:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It conducts various examinations like IAS, IPS, CDS, IRS, IFS, etc., every year for recruitment of candidates to different government departments. The minimum qualification required to appear in UPSC examination is completion of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you have already BA course and studying AMIE which is equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech course, after completion of your AMIE course, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examination.
18th September 2016, 08:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria a candidate must have done graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised university to appear in UPSC exam. Age limit should be in between 21 to 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to the candidates of reserved categories.
Hence you need to follow the above eligibility criteria in order to appear in IAS, IPS exam.
18th September 2016, 08:35 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

As you had completed your graduation(BA), so definitely you are eligible to appear in UPSC or Union Public Service Commission Examinations. The minimum education qualification required to appear in UPSC exam is graduation degree from any well recognized institute/university.
UPSC does not specify the stream for bachelor's degree, so you can pursue graduation from any stream as per your personal interest.
The maximum age limit to appear in UPSC exam is 32 years for a general category candidate. A five years age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate.
18th September 2016, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to appear for UPSC civil services exam, then you can surely apply for it if you have a degree qualification in any stream from a recognized institute or university.

Hence, if you complete AMIE from a recognized institute, then surely you will be eligible for UPSC exam.
18th September 2016, 09:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final selection as an Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university either with regular or correspondence. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in all three stages of examination eligible for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
19th September 2016, 10:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 10th standard in a matriculation and after that i completed BA english in distance education after that i studied a designing n diploma and now studying
AMIE in textile engineering tell me whether i am eligible for UPSC? Can you please guide me with the answer on the same?
You have completed B.A degree so you are eligible for UPSC exams. List f the UPSC exams are,

Civil Service Exam

CDS exam

IFS exam.

But your age should be below 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?