15th January 2017, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification and Physical criteria required for IPS exam? How can I apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know what is the qualification and Physical criteria required for IPS exam? How can I apply for the exam? How should I study to qualify the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification criteria required to become an SP? What is the age and physical criteria required?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  3. What is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam?
  4. What is the physical eligibility required to apply for NDA?
  5. What are the various qualification required to become an IPS?
  6. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  7. What is the minimum qualification required and eligibility criteria to appear for IAS/IPS examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required for CPL entrance exam? What is the fee structure of the same?
  9. How can I become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech?
  10. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  11. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?
  12. What is the Physical Criteria required for APSC exam? What is Height requirement?
  13. What is the physical eligibility required for the post of IPS?
  14. What is the criteria for the physical test of IPS exam?
  15. What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required? -- [New]
  16. Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?
  17. What subject to chose in B.A for Indian Police Service?
  18. What is the qualification criteria required for UP BTC course? How can I apply for the exam?
17th January 2017, 11:37 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the qualification and Physical criteria required for IPS exam? How can I apply for the exam?

IPS stands for Indian Police service. Union public service commission (UPSC) conducts the IPS Exam every year.

Qualification required:-

-》candidate must have Degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.

Physical requirement:-

**Height – Male 165 cm & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

**Female 150 cm & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

**Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

**Female min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

**Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

**6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

How to apply:-

You should go to official website of UPSC then you can apply online application form.
18th January 2017, 09:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification and Physical criteria required for IPS exam? How can I apply for the exam?

Educational Qualification Required for IPS Examination:

In order to join Indian Police Service (IPS), you are required to appear in Civil Services Entrance Examination (CSAT) that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). So you are required to get the minimum qualification that is required for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

The minimum basic educational qualification required to be eligible for UPSC Civil Service Exam is "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

Minimum Height Required for Male candidates - 165 cms

Minimum Height Required for Female candidates - 150 cms

Minimum Chest Required for Male candidates - 84 cms and Expansion 5 cms

Minimum Chest Required for Female candidates - 79 cms Expansion 5 cms

You are required to apply for this IPS Examination through UPSC official website. I suggest you to keep visiting the site so that you may apply for Civil Services Examination whenever the notification gets released.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?