12th July 2016, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to get a government job while doing 3rd year ECE?

Hi,

I am studying 3rd year of ece.what i want to do if i need government job? Can you please guide me with the steps which I need to follow? It will be helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response soon. Thank you!

12th July 2016, 10:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get a government job while doing 3rd year ECE?

ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering. This is one of the core streams of engineering with immense job opportunities in public and private sector both. While pursuing third year of engineering, you are not eligible for applying to government job entrance examination. You can apply for government job entrance exams only in final year of engineering.

While pursuing last semester of your engineering, you will be eligible to apply for following government job entrance exams:

>>Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination for jobs in Public Sector Undertakings like BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc.

>>BSNL Junior Telecom Officer examination.

>>AAI Entrance exam.

>>Indian Engineering Services examination.

These are technical government job exams related to your stream, you can also apply for other non technical exams like CDS exam, Civil Services exam, SSC CGL exam etc.
13th July 2016, 12:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Prefinal year candidates of engineering are not eligible for any government job entrance examination except Undergraduate Entry scheme for Navy and Army. When you will pursue you final year of engineering, you can apply for many exams.

*The first exam is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE qualified candidates get shortlisted for jobs in PSUs. You can apply for BSNL JTO exam.

*UPSC exams like Indian Engineering Services exam.

*SSC CGL examination conducted by SSC.

*IBPS Common written examination etc.
13th July 2016, 06:10 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Right now you are not eligible to appear for examination on the basis of entrance examination at bachelor degree educational qualification.

But, if you want to get the government job you have to qualify in examination so you need to prepare for examination from the 3rd year as according to syllabus.

You need to have better preparation of all the topics to qualify in examination.

There are many examination such as :-

GATE.

IBPS/SBI.

SSC.

Railway.
14th July 2016, 12:37 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am studying 3rd year of ece.what i want to do if i need government job? Can you please guide me with the steps which I need to follow? It will be helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response soon. Thank you!
You can appear for various examinations in the final year of your studies and not in third year. You can appear for Indian Engineering Service examination (IES) conducted by UPSC. You can appear for GATE, the GATE score is important for getting job in various PSUs. These are some of the examinations you can appear in the final year of your studies. For other jobs, you should complete your graduation. So concentrate on your studies and score high marks in your engineering graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?