2nd July 2015, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in B.A. to join Indian Police Service?

Hello,
I want to know that what is the subject to be chosen in B.A. for joining Indian Police Service? I have completed my 12th and my aim is to join Indian Police Service. Kindly tell me what I should study in B.A.?

4th July 2015, 09:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in B.A. to join Indian Police Service?

You can study any branch in B.A course to join in Indian Police Service. To join in Indian Police Service, you need to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not exceed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
General :- 4 times
OBC :- 7 times
SC/ST :- No Limit
4th July 2015, 11:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

That's all depend on your decision. Actually any candidate who were having " Any stream " in their graduation are eligible to apply for Indian Police Service Exams.

To get a job of IPS then you must write an Exam called " UPSC Civil Services Exam ". And for this you should satisfy the below eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :

>> You must complete graduation in any stream from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

>> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a Age relaxation applicable for the reserved candidates.

>> Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.

Selection Process :

* Preliminary Examination

* Main's

* Interview.
5th July 2015, 01:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to know that what is the subject to be chosen in B.A. for joining Indian Police Service? I have completed my 12th and my aim is to join Indian Police Service. Kindly tell me what I should study in B.A.?
You can choose B.A in History to become a Indian Police Service exam because this subject is good for scoring.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Mains subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
14th July 2015, 05:43 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends..............
You can choose B.A (or) any stream in your graduation.
After the graduation you can crack the UPSC exam to become a IPS.
IPS - Indian Police Service
It is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and the exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

There are certain criteria's which you must satisfy to apply for the exam and they may include:

Age limits:

The candidates must be a citizen of India

The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

For OBC candidates it is 33 years.

Education Qualification:

The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.

The candidates are possibly selected through 3 stages:

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview

You may be given a certain allotment for attempts and they are,for general candidates it is 4 and for SC/ST there is no limit and for OBC candidates it is 7.

For more information regarding the exam visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?