28th June 2016, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps to follow for getting Government jobs? What is the minimum eligibility criteria?

What are the steps to follow for getting Government jobs? What is the minimum eligibility criteria? Can someone provide me the complete details for the same? I am not sure what needs to be done for the same. It would be great help if someone can give me the valuable information soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for government job after having 15 years of experience in MNC?
  2. What are the steps that I should follow after completing B.Com to become a SI?
  3. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to get scholarship for doing UG course?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing M.Sc Nursing in Kerala Government colleges?
  5. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting the software field job?
  6. What are the steps which I need to follow up to get the government job? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the procedure followed to get government teaching job for 12th English?
  8. What is the steps to follow to become an IAS officer in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the procedure follow to apply for internship in companies while doing final year CEG?
  10. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for NATA exam?
  11. Can a B.Sc IT candidate apply for government jobs?
  12. What steps should I follow to become a Space Scientist? What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Space Scientist? -- [New]
  13. What are the steps I need to take to get a job in government sector in UP at Lucknow?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria required for Government Engineering jobs?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting a government job being in the non creamy layer?
  16. Which job is available in Gujarat for a BHMS candidate? How should I prepare for it?
  17. What is the steps which I need to follow to get a government teacher job after completion of B.Com course?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for civil government job after completion of 5 years service in Indian Army?
29th June 2016, 11:44 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the steps to follow for getting Government jobs? What is the minimum eligibility criteria?

To get the government jobs is not so easy as millions of candidates apply for one post. To get it you must know for which job you can apply for. When will be the notification come. Do you have enough preparation for that?

To get the job one must face Preliminary Test, Main Examination & Interview. If you are applying for Defence or this kind of jobs then have to go through Physical Test. You clear all the hurdles with good marks. Buy the books to prepare for the government jobs, if possible get the coaching classes. Books with author names which you can buy for your preparation.

1. R.S Aggrawal
2. M.K.Pandey
3.Nem Singh
4.Abhijit Guha
5.P Gupta
6. Civil Service Book
7. IBPS PO & Clerk books

If you have never tried for the job then better to get the coaching for better understanding of subjects. You will have study Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness & Computer Application.

Eligibility:-

1. A candidate must be graduate from a UGC recognized University.
2. Minimum Age is 21 years & Maximum age is 30 years.
3. Age may varies depends for what post you are applying.
4. Basic computer knowledge is must.
5.Should posses good English speaking & Writing.

So, If you wish for update on jobs then buy Employment news every week. This newspaper contain details of all the Central Government Jobs with Eligibility, Exam pattern, dates etc.
29th June 2016, 12:40 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the steps to follow for getting Government jobs? What is the minimum eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the steps to follow for getting Government jobs? What is the minimum eligibility criteria? Can someone provide me the complete details for the same? I am not sure what needs to be done for the same. It would be great help if someone can give me the valuable information soon.
The candidate find the Government jobs based on their qualifications and skills. The next step is to apply to the jobs either online or offline properly.
After that you have to prepare systematically for the written test and interview for the post. The candidate should have very good patience and hard work. Do lots of research and prepare with previous year’s question papers. If possible do attend coaching classes available for these purposes.

- The minimum eligibility for government jobs start from 10th standard to PhD (10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation and PhD). Please, refer the below official websites for more details.

- UPSC Official website
- SSC Official website
- Railway Official website
29th June 2016, 04:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The first step is to become eligible for any government job. Although academic qualification for most of government jobs is bachelor's degree but in some examination, specialization is needed and age criteria also varies. Once you meet all eligibility criteria for any government job, next option is to apply for that examination.

Application is done generally now online at official website of examination conducting authority. Third step is to appear for examination and crack its various stages in order to finally grab the government job.

There are many examinations like SSC CGL, IBPS CWE, Civil Services, CDS etc for which graduates can apply.
29th June 2016, 06:24 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

In most of the government jobs, the only eligibility criteria is that you should be a graduate in any of the disciple from a recognized Indian university.
Now as you have not mentioned that in which examination you want to appear in so it is difficult to tell the exact age limit for it.
But in general, the age limit for appearing in any of the government examination is 21-30 years.
29th June 2016, 06:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To get government jobs you have to qualify in all the stages of respective examination.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination varies for different jobs. For most of the jobs the minimum required qualification is bachelor degree from any recognised university.

The discipline of bachelor degree is important to appear for core jobs. So, to get detail information for any jobs visit at official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?