7th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

What to study in intermediate to become an IPS officer?

I want to be an IPS officer. It is my life ambition. I want the total details how to be an IPS officer. What course should I study in intermediate and after? Could you please help me.

7th September 2016, 04:19 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to study in intermediate to become an IPS officer?

Candidates who are graduate in any stream is eligible for IPS exam conducted by UPSC. This exam is conducted in three steps preliminary, mains and interview. You have to focus on your physical fitness also if you want to be an IPS officer. First of all you should complete your graduation. Only after that you will be eligible for UPSC exam. After that you have to prepare for prelims. It will take 4 to 5 years so just focus on your study.
7th September 2016, 07:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment on above post candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates have to qualify in each of these stages for final selection.

So, you just need to prepare for examination from now to qualify in it. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th September 2016, 12:30 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To become Indian Police Services Officer you need to clear the IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is organized by Union public service commission (UPSC) every year.

The eligibility criteria required is applicant must have a Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognized University. Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply on provision.

So it depends upon yours what you want to study in intermediate or graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?