26th November 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer being a 2nd year B.Com student?

Sir I have completed my intermediate then I joined in B.Tech. After 2 years I discontinued that. Now I want to become an IPS officer. Presently, I am doing degree in B.Com 2nd year. What to do now?

26th November 2016, 04:55 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer being a 2nd year B.Com student?

You have to complete your graduation first. After that you have to give IPS exam conducted by UPSC. You can also apply for this exam when you will be in the final year of your graduation. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation for reserved candidates. Thanks
26th November 2016, 05:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You, you have to appear for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in the examination you will be eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved categroy.

So, you have to wait till the final year to appear for examination. But, now you can start the preparation for examination.
26th November 2016, 05:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I have completed my intermediate then I joined in B.Tech. After 2 years I discontinued that. Now I want to become an IPS officer. Presently, I am doing degree in B.Com 2nd year. What to do now?

To become an IPS Officer, one has to clear the UPSC Civil Service Examination. To apply for the civil service examination one has to clear the Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a university recognized by UGC. The maximum age limit to appear for civil services examination is 32 years (general category). The civil service examination consists of three parts like Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. First you have to clear the preliminary examination to qualify for the main examination. There are various coaching classes available for the training of civil service examination. The civil service examination is considered one of the toughest examinations.
26th November 2016, 07:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer being a 2nd year B.Com student, you have to apply for IPS examination after completion of your B.Com course from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You should be within 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
26th November 2016, 08:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become IPS officer:

Bachelor Degree in any stream from a recognised University with at least 50% marks is necessary in order to appear in this entrance exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Relaxation given to the SC and ST students in the upper age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?