1st May 2017, 05:13 PM
nagiripati.chandu

Next step after intermediate to become an IPS Officer?

Sir, I completed the the intermediate with 92.5% (925 marks). After I successfully complete the intermediate, I want to be an IPS officer. So, what do the next step I want to do?

1st May 2017, 10:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Next step after intermediate to become an IPS Officer?

To become an IPS officer, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline of your interest from a recognised university after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for an IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
1st May 2017, 11:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

These are the steps which you have to follow in order to become IPS officer after intermediate:

as you have completed your intermediate now you have to complete your graduation in any discipline in which you are interested from a recognised University and make sure that you pass it with good percentage because it will definitel once you complete your graduation you could also join any coaching institute for more information and knowledge as well as they will also guide you in a better way to achieve your target.
2nd May 2017, 10:36 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your intermediate and want to become an IPS officer. UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other posts. But the thing is that you are not eligible for this exam at this stage.

**The main eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam is that student must possess graduation degree from any recognized university. So you have to take admission in graduation course from any recognized university. You are eligible for this exam after passing graduation or in the final year of graduation course.

**In my opinion, you have to do graduation in such stream which will help your preparation in Preliminary Exam as well as in Mains Exams too such as B.A (Political Science), B.A (History), B.A (Geography) etc.
15th June 2022, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Should we take MPC to become IPS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?