28th July 2016, 12:36 AM

How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 12th with Science?

Hello Sir, I have completed my class 12th with Science, Now I want to become an IPS officer. I want to know that am I eligible to become an IPS? What do I have to study to become an IPS officer?

Related Questions:
30th July 2016, 10:26 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 12th with Science?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services of India. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of candidates into different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate can also apply for this exam. After 10+2, you need to pursue bachelor's degree in any stream as per your interest keeping in mind subject you would like to take as optional subjects in mains exam of Civil Services.

>>The age limit for general candidate is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidate.

You should start your preparation from now. First stage is in preparation is to complete NCERT books which are basic books of preparation of subjects like social science and science. After that go through standard books. Make a habit of reading daily newspapers.

You can apply for this exam in final year of bachelor's degree. You will have to clear preliminary, mains and interview for final selection into any services.
30th July 2016, 04:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 12th with Science?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you will have to qualify Civil Services examination.

--> Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year and the minimum requirement for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized university.

--> For becoming IPS officer, you need to satisfy the physical fitness for the same also.

--> Also the examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

So in order to become IPS officer being a Class 12th science candidate you will have to qualify Civil Services examination and for appearing in the same you must satisfy the criteria given above.

For details regarding the pattern and syllabus of examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.nic.in.
30th July 2016, 08:57 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. To become an IPS officer, you have to appear in IPS examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course after completion of your 12th standard from a Government recognised board.

Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is stated below :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have attained minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 32 years.

Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is provided as per government norms.

=> You should have obtained Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have just passed 12th standard, so, you are not eligible to appear in IPS examination. So, I suggest you to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline of your interest from a Government recognised university after completion of your 12th standard to be eligible to appear in IPS examination.
30th July 2016, 10:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello Sir, I have completed my class 12th with Science, Now I want to become an IPS officer. I want to know that am I eligible to become an IPS? What do I have to study to become an IPS officer?
After completion of 12th standard, you can do graduation degree to become an IPS officer. To join Indian Police Services, you must qualify in Civil Service Exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University, then you are eligible for IPS exam 2016.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
31st July 2016, 04:45 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

IPS acronym for Indian police service which is recruited from rigorous civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC.

Educational qualification for IPS

Graduate candidate is eligible for this post.
Candidate should be indian also.
Age should be between 21 to 32 years.
1st August 2016, 12:16 AM
Ronie0309

To be able to get associated with IPS or Indian Police Service one must give the UPSC exam which is the core exam one must crack to get admission in the IPS.
You will get ranks as per your performance and As per your ranks you may or may not get admission.
You must solve the previous year papers of the exam and also be up to date with all the things happening around you especially politics.You must also study the NCERT books thoroughly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?