12th August 2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Will I be able to join Indian Army without NCC Certificate being a 24 years old candidate?

Hi,
My age is 24 now and I want to join Indian Army. I do not have NCC Certificate so can I join Indian Army? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Indian Army being a candidate of B.Com having an age of 23 years and not having NCC certificate?
  2. Will I be able to join Indian Army without NCC Certificate being a 24 years old candidate? -- [New]
  3. Procedure to join Indian Army for 18 years old 10th passed NCC certified student?
  4. Can I join Indian Army without having NCC Certificate? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. I don't have any NCC certificate, can I still join the Indian Army?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Army without having NCC certificate? I am studying in 10th standard
  7. How to join Indian Army after passing 12th science? I have NCC A, B and C certificate
  8. How to join Indian Army after B.A. and 'C' certificate in NCC?
  9. How can I join Indian Army after passing 10th and 12th with NCC A and B Level certificate and a B.Com graduate?
  10. After completing my diploma how can I join Indian Army if I have NCC certificate in A grade?
  11. Joining Indian Army after Graduation and with NCC C Certificate
  12. Can I join Indian Army having completed 10+2 with Commerce and having 'A' certificate of NCC?
  13. What is the age limit for BCA student to join India Army? How to join without NCC certificate?
  14. How can I join Indian Army after graduating in Economics with 60% and with NCC C certificate?
  15. How to join in Indian army after completing my B.Tech?
  16. How to join Indian Army after completion of Graduation in Commerce stream having NCC B and NCC C certificate?
  17. I have NCC Certificate, want to join Indian Army. I am presently in SYBCom?
  18. How can I join Indian Army after passing 12th with NCC A certificate
13th August 2015, 06:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to join Indian Army without NCC Certificate being a 24 years old candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
My age is 24 now and I want to join Indian Army. I do not have NCC Certificate so can I join Indian Army? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you can join in Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
14th August 2015, 12:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to join Indian Army without NCC Certificate being a 24 years old candidate?

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for joining Indian Army being over 24 years old as for the same the maximum age limit for the same is 24 years. But you have the option of OTA if you are interested in the defense field.

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and it is one of the four wings of Combined Defense Services ( CDS ). Also for joining the same you are required to clear the CDS examination held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are called as General ability test ( written examination ) and Service Selection Board interview.

The qualifications required for appearing in the CDS examination for OTA are as following:-

--> You must have the nationality of India.

--> Your age must be within 19 years to 25 years.

--> You must be a holder of a bachelor degree with any stream of your liking from a recognized university.

--> You must hold the physical and mental toughness as per the requirement norms.

For notifications regarding the upcoming CDS examination and details about the syllabus & question pattern of same examination you can visit to the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
9th August 2019, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I will pass class 10 in April 2020.
Then my age will be 15. May i join for NCC B.?
6th July 2020, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi.. I want to Know is there any age relaxation in CDS for OTA??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?