23rd January 2017, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Will I get job after clearing UPSC civil services exam, if cleared engineering with lot of backlogs which are not live anymore?

I am a student of engineering. I completed my engineering in 5 year instead of 4 years and I have 7 backlogs in my engineering. All the backlogs are cleared now. Can I get job in IAS, IPS and IFS if I cleared UPSC ( Prelims and Mains)? Is there any problems/giving low marks in interview/rejection related to my graduation record?

23rd January 2017, 08:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get job after clearing UPSC civil services exam, if cleared engineering with lot of backlogs which are not live anymore?

No, you will not have any problem to get a job after clearing UPSC Civil Services exam even if you have cleared engineering with lot of backlogs which are not uncleared anymore. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil services examination. If you qualify the UPSC Preliminary and Mains examination then, you can participate in further rounds such as Interview to get a job.
23rd January 2017, 09:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get job after clearing UPSC civil services exam, if cleared engineering with lot of backlogs which are not live anymore?

There will be no problem in joining any services after clearing Civil Services examination all stages if you have cleared your existing backlogs in bachelor's degree. In interview they may ask you about these backlogs, so you need to be prepare yourself with justification.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility criteria for this exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Age limit for exam is 21-32 years. The notification for CSE 2017 will come on 22nd February, 2017.
24th January 2017, 11:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of engineering. I completed my engineering in 5 year instead of 4 years and I have 7 backlogs in my engineering. All the backlogs are cleared now. Can I get job in IAS, IPS and IFS if I cleared UPSC ( Prelims and Mains)? Is there any problems/giving low marks in interview/rejection related to my graduation record?
You have cleared your pending backlog so you are eligible for Civil Services exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?