19th May 2011, 12:30 AM
Chanz1890

Am I eligible for Indian Engineering Services Exam after having 3 backlogs?

I am a civil engg. 3rd yr student.i am having 3 backlogs till nw bt all cleared so am i elegible for indian engg. Servies exam? Plz giv correct suggestion

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?
  2. How can I prepare for IES exam while in 5th semester? Which steps to follow?
  3. Am I eligible to attend L&T Infotech On-Campus Drive if had 5 backlogs in B.E.?
  4. Will I be eligible for any MBA colleges if I get backlogs in my ECE 8th Semester exam?
  5. how can i join indian navy being in final year? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get admission in B.Tech even if failed in few subjects of Diploma?
  7. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  8. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  9. Will there be any scope for IT Engineer in UPSC Exams?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if secured 58% in B.Tech?
  11. Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering with Biomedical stream with 2 backlogs?
  12. Age limit to write Indian Services Exam? How to apply for it and the important dates of the exam?
  13. Eligibility for placement in TCS, Infosys etc after 4 backlogs upto 3rd year?
  14. Am I eligible for campus recruitment if I got 5 previous backlogs while in 1 year of Computer Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to give bank exams with backlogs? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to do Engineering after completion of diploma with 2 backlogs?
  17. Can i apply for MPPSC and UPSC after completing BSc in Chemistry?
  18. How to make a career after B.Tech? My B.Tech percentage is less than 60
25th September 2011, 11:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Engineering Services Exam after having 3 backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanz1890 View Post
I am a civil engg. 3rd yr student.i am having 3 backlogs till nw bt all cleared so am i elegible for indian engg. Servies exam? Plz giv correct suggestion
Dear friend,

If you have Pending backlog then you are not eligible for IES exam.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Thanks
10th November 2011, 03:55 PM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Engineering Services Exam after having 3 backlogs?

dear friend,

yes, you are eligible after that also .
because they required the knowledge and they can check out you
on the time of test and interview so don't bother about that .
best of luck.
10th November 2011, 03:57 PM
swapan100
Senior Member++

dear friend,

yes, you are eligible after that also .
because they required the knowledge and they can check out you
on the time of test and interview so don't bother about that .
best of luck.
10th November 2011, 08:37 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend you are not eligible for IES exam..

To apply for IES exam you have to first clear your pending backlogs..

Without clearing your backlogs you will not be able to apply for any higher studies or any kind of civil service exams..

All the best..
4th June 2012, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i had completed my engineering plz tell me step by step qualifying
24th June 2012, 11:01 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i had completed my engineering plz tell me step by step qualifying
Hello Friend, you have not mentioned your Engineering course.

I have attached a pdf file which contains all the information you require about the IES Exam and its details. You can check it out.

IES_Details.pdf

For more information, you can follow the official website of the UPSC which is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
27th June 2012, 08:36 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

First of all i would like to describe the eligibility criteria fro IES exam , then will find the answer of your question.

*The Basic Eligibility Criteria Required For IES exam are the following :

a) You must have completed your Engineering degree in any one of the following streams from any recognized college / university :

- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electrical & Communication Engineering

b) Otherwise, You should be in the final year of such programme.

c) Your age must be in between 21-30 years.

Now you can see that you must have to complete your engineering without any pending backlogs , so very sorry to say that you cannot appear for the exam.

Just clear your backlogs as soon as possible to set yourself amongst the eligible candidates for IES exam.

This is the information i have to the bets of my knowledge regarding your query . Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?