15th June 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NDA exams after graduation in BA field at the age of 24 years?

Am I eligible to give NDA exams after graduation in BA field at the age of 24 years? Can you please let me know if am eligible or not? What should I do for the same? What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed for the same? Expecting a reply soon!

Thanks.

16th June 2015, 07:32 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NDA exams after graduation in BA field at the age of 24 years?

No, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examinations after completion of your Graduation in BA course at the age of 24 years. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2/ You must have ompleted 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/ to 19 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

If you are interested to join in Indian Army/Navy/Air Frce after completion of your Graduation, you need to appear in CDS examination.
16th June 2015, 10:04 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NDA exams after graduation in BA field at the age of 24 years?

No, you are not eligible to give NDA Entrance Examination being a 24 years old candidate. The minimum age required to be eligible for giving is "16.5 years" and the maximum age must not exceed "19 years". So I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to give National Defense Academy and Naval Academy since you did not meet the required eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA Examination is "12th Class or Intermediate" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. Here is the detailed Educational Qualification and Age Criteria,

>> Educational Qualification:

* 12th Class Pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent for Army Wing of NDA.

* 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education with Physics and Mathematics or equivalent for Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA.

Age Criteria:

Minimum Age :- 16.5 years

Maximum Age :- 19 years

There is no age relaxation for reserved candidates (even for OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen Category Candidates).
16th June 2015, 11:44 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Eligibility to appear in the NDA Exam:

* The candidate must be an Indian.

* The candidate must have completed his/her 12th from recognized Board.

* Age Limit for the candidate is 16.5- 19 years.

>> If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you can apply for the NDA Exam. But, sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for NDA Exam. Because, you have crossed the age limit. But, you need not to worry about it. If you want to join in the defence sector, then you can apply for CDS Examination.
16th June 2015, 11:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to give NDA exams after graduation in BA field at the age of 24 years? Can you please let me know if am eligible or not? What should I do for the same? What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed for the same? Expecting a reply soon!

Thanks.
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
16th June 2015, 03:17 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to give NDA exams after graduation in BA field at age of 24 years.

Age limit for NDA : 16.5 to 19 years.

If you want to join defence services after graduation you should apply for CDS exams.

For more details please visit : UPSC CDS
18th June 2015, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a income tax officer.I have passed 12th class with 74% mark in science division. How can I reach to my aim?
19th June 2015, 01:06 PM
kunalroy89

You cannot go for NDA.
Following are criteria for applying in NDA exam:
Candidate should be male unmarried Indian Citizen.
Age should be 16.5-19years at the time of admission in NDA.
Qualification should be 12th or equivalent.

As you have completed graduation you could have been eligible for CDS. But your age is on higher side and you will not be eligible for that.
The age limit for IMA is 24years and OTA is 25years but the age limit is permitted at the time of admission to the academy.
You have already crossed 24 so IMA is not possible and the time left for next batch of OTA will lead to your age crossing 25.
3rd October 2019, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

MY 12TH PERCENTAGE IS 96.60% AND I AM GRADUATE FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY (BSC) AND MY AGE IS 23 CAN I GIVE EXAM OF NDA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?