22nd December 2017, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for LLB course being 42 years old?

Hi Sir, I am 42 years old person. Can I apply for 3 year LLB course in Dr.Ambedkar Law college in Chennai. I am waiting for your reply. Please send as fast you can.

22nd December 2017, 10:49 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for LLB course being 42 years old?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for LLB course at the age of 42 years. Candidates who have completed their graduation from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply for 3 years LLB course. You have to appear for Law entrance examinations and one of them is CLAT. There is no age limit for this course. So, after qualifying the examination you can pursue LLB course.
22nd December 2017, 01:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am 42 years old person. Can I apply for 3 year LLB course in Dr.Ambedkar Law college in Chennai. I am waiting for your reply. Please send as fast you can.

Yes, you can apply for LLB course at the age of 42 years. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks can apply for LLB course. Duration of the course is three years. Admission to the course is done through an entrance examination like CLAT, LSAT, AILET etc. There is no age limit to study the LLB course in India. Candidates can study the LLB course in the universities like The Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University at the age of 42 years. The Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University website link is given Click Here
22nd December 2017, 04:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, at the age of 42 years you are not eligible to apply for LLB 3 years course. As per the eligibility criteria, candidate must have age in between 21 to 30 years.
22nd December 2017, 04:50 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

LLB, is 3 years and 5 years undergraduate course in law and can be pursued after completion of graduation and 12th respectively.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course:-

> A graduation degree in any stream from a recognised University.

> You must have to clear your graduation with at least 45% marks.

> For SC / St category the minimum 45% marks are required.

> The minimum age limit for LLB course is 21 years.

> The maximum age limit for LLB course is 30 years.

>5 years age relaxation in upper age limit is given to SC/ST category.
22nd December 2017, 07:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, yes you are certainly eligible to apply for this LLB course being a 42 years old candidate as there is no such age criteria mentioned in the criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for getting admission in 3 year LLB course is as follows.

>> You must have passed 3 year Degree examination of Universities in Tamil Nadu and such degree is awarded by the Member Universities of Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi in order to be eligible.

>> I suggest you to go through the below link for more details and the detailed eligibility criteria is clearly mentioned below.

>> As there is no age criteria mentioned in the eligibility criteria, I can say that you are eligible to apply for this LLB course.

Click here for More Details
22nd December 2017, 08:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the regular law courses have an upper age limit. If you are 42 years old, then you won't get admission in a regular law course in India.

There is chance of admission only in distance mode course at this age, but they are not approved by Bar Council of India.
23rd December 2017, 02:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for the LLB course at the age of 42 years, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the LLB course.
There is no age criteria required to do LLB course.
29th December 2021, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I want to become judge after my LLB tell me procedure
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?