27th October 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I do LLB after 12th standard being a 28 years old male?

My self Shivam. I am 28 years old. I want to become a lawyer. I have done 12th standard. Can I do LLB? Is this possible?

27th October 2016, 08:10 PM
princekainth2

Default Re: Can I do LLB after 12th standard being a 28 years old male?

To pursue with LLB ,you have to first do some Bachelors degree.

But you can also opt for an integrated course called B.A.L.L.B
You can join this course immediately after class 12 with minimum marks eligibility.

Note that your Bachelor's degree is included in this LLB program.

You age wont matter
27th October 2016, 08:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My self Shivam. I am 28 years old. I want to become a lawyer. I have done 12th standard. Can I do LLB? Is this possible?
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course.

There are no age criteria.
27th October 2016, 08:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as you have completed your 12th standard and you are 28 years of age, so you can definitely pursue LLB at this age. The age limit to pursue LLB course was 30 years and for the reserved category candidates it was 35 years. However, now the rule has been changed and according to the Bar Council of India there is no age limit for a candidate to apply for LLB course.

There is no age obligation, so you can definitely pursue LLB course without any hesitation.
28th October 2016, 12:27 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me, to pursue LLB candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from any of the recognized university.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have attained at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate maximum age limit is not required to pursue LLB.
28th October 2016, 01:23 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should have completed your graduation from a recognized university and should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in it, as it is the minimum eligibility criteria in order to appear for CLAT examination, which is the gateway for admission in LLB course.
28th October 2016, 01:42 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But since you are 28, you are overage for CLAT and hence, you are not eligible for CLAT.

A simple LLB, you are eligible.

Many university across the country are there which offer a LLB degree through regular as well as the private mode.

There is no such hard and fast eligibility criteria for that.

The candidate just have to pass the graduation and all the subject in that successfully as per the guidelines of UGC. But you need to be graduate for taking admission in LLB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?