22nd December 2017, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in BCA having good knowledge of programming languages?

I have completed +2 in management from Nepal. I have a gap of 6 years and +2 percentage of 47%. But, I have good knowledge about programing like basic, HTML. Java. For gap reasons, I have been doing B.Com. But I'm interested in BCA. So, can I take admission in BCA?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in BCA having good knowledge of programming languages?
  2. Indraprastha University BCA 6th Sem- Programming with C Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  3. How to get job after BCA without studying programming languages?
  4. Which software course is best to learn for EEE students to get a better software job?
  5. Which are the courses available after BCA other than MCA? Which course will be good for me if I have a good command on programming languages like Java, .NET? Which are the colleges in Pune?
  6. Possibility to get job in IBM and other IT companies for BCA candidate if good in programming languages like C, C++ etc?
  7. Which course I should learn if final year student want to get a software job?
  8. Can I get job in Accenture if don't know the programming languages being a BCA graduate?
  9. What is the possibility in software field after doing B.Tech EEE? What can I do for a software job?
  10. How to become a Cyber Crime Investigator having good knowledge of programming languages? Which exam I need to write to get the job?
  11. Do I have to be good in programming if I want to do MCA after BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which software and networking courses to learn to get job in IT companies after graduating in Biotechnology? -- [New]
  13. Is BCA difficult for Commerce student due to Programming Languages?
  14. B.Sc Chemistry student can get job in Infosys in this year 2015?
  15. Short term courses for B.Com honours student?
  16. Difference between B.Com computers and B.Com E-Commerce?
  17. Certified courses in Computer Language in order to do job and get placed in companies?
  18. Tips to succeed software companies fresher interviews? What type of projects to do in final year to impress?
22nd December 2017, 02:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA having good knowledge of programming languages?

The minimum qualification required to join BCA is 12th standard with any stream but maths is the compulsory subject required. So if you have studied maths in your 12th standard then definitely you can apply for this course. But maths is compulsory subject required to apply.
22nd December 2017, 07:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA having good knowledge of programming languages?

Most of the BCA colleges have lower age limit for admission for regular courses. Hence, you may miss out on many colleges because of the big gap of 6 years

You can still study from IGNOU, which offers BCA degree in distance mode. Although distance mode degrees don't have much value, but still you can go for it.
22nd December 2017, 07:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you cannot pursue BCA through regular mode with the above mentioned criteria.

Because, in order to get admission in BCA course through regular admission you are required to be latest passout candidates and you must have passed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with minimum 60% marks.

There are some of the colleges that are offering this BCA course in correspondence/ distance mode. To join such college, there not much particular eligibility criteria is required.

As you are already doing a Bachelor Degree course, you may do this course through part time mode. Generally, the admission process varies from institute to institute. Hence, I suggest you to first contact the concerned college and tell about your eligibility criteria before applying for the course.
23rd December 2017, 01:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have a gap of 6 years, you will face difficulties to opt for the BCA course through regular mode as most of the Institutes will not provide you admission to the BCA course for your age criteria. However, you can opt BCA course through correspondence, if you satisfy the basic criteria of the course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline form a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the BCA course.
Candidates must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?