7th February 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Catering management after 10th is a wise decision? Relevant subjects to take in 12th related to Catering?

Hi,

Is it a wise decision to put my son in a course for catering directly after 10th? If he has to do his 12th, what would be the group he needs to take which will be relevant for this course after 12th std?

Sangeetha Makesh
Chennai

Related Questions:
  1. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  2. Career in Hotel management & catering after 12th commerce without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I do catering after passing 12th standard?
  4. Graduation Courses in Hotel Management after Diploma in Hotel Management and Experience
  5. Am I eligible for IPS exam after doing 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology after 12th?
  6. How to get a job after doing 3 years diploma in hotel management and catering technology
  7. Can I appear for MPSC and UPSC? Which are the branches open for me?
  8. Is Bachelor in Catering degree eligible for doing B.Ed?
  9. Colleges for PG in Culinary arts after graduation in Hotel management and Catering for a career in Bakery?
  10. List of colleges offering culinary arts courses in Hyderabad?
  11. Any available courses offered on Hospitality Catering and Cruise Management?
  12. Information about HM crash course from Pusa Institute for 2 months?
  13. How to join Army after passing BSc in Hotel Management Catering and Technology
  14. How promising is the career in Hotel Management and Catering? What should I qualify to make a career in this?
  15. How to get employment in railways? I have completed Hotel Management Catering and Tourism with 5 years of experience
  16. How to apply for railway catering job after completing hotel management 3 years diploma?
  17. Can I be eligible for the position of Lecturer in Catering Colleges having scored 79% in MBA with Hotel Management or shall I need to appear for NET Exam for this?
  18. Does it a good choice of opting for Hotel Management and Catering Technology as a Career Option? What course I have to pursue these careers?
28th February 2014, 09:34 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Catering management after 10th is a wise decision? Relevant subjects to take in 12th related to Catering?

Which ever the course might be,If we really interested towards the subject it makes favour to you.So I think you are very much interested in Opting the Catering management.So generally this Catering management or Hotel management course has a very good scope for your career.There are various courses available as well as many job opportunities are awaiting for you in this course.

Catering management generally comes under the Hotel management and related courses.So you can choose the following options.There is a good development and growth one can find in the innumerable industry.To say,there is a good growth we been found from the past years in the Tourism secotr.So Ultimately there will be good scope for the catering management or Hotel management courses.Since there is more usuability of this,many candidates are getting employed in the various industries of catering management.

You need to take subjects in 12th class in which English must be as one of the subjects.So that there by you will be eligible to take various courses after 12th class towards your catering or else towards Hotel managment courses.To find good career in your industry,the minimum qualification needed is Bachelor degree from a recognized university.You may then go for the post graduation courses such as Post graduate diploma in personnel management,as well as M.Sc in Hospitality Administration.So generally the below colleges offers these courses are Pusa,New Delhi; and Mumbai; IHM,Bangalore and more.You may find your career in reputed hotel managment institutes,service keeping and catering,food and beverages,sales and marketing,Front office,general operations,and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?