18th December 2014, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to qualify JEE exams to do B.Des in IIT? How much rank is required to apply?

Madam/Sir i am interested to do b.des from an iit .Do i need to qualify jee exams to do b. des from an iit. Are there any other conditions? what are the other criterias? how much rank is required to apply for this programme? How many no. of seats are available for this programme? Do the no of seats displayed for iit include the seats for b. des programme also? please reply soon..

19th December 2014, 11:40 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to qualify JEE exams to do B.Des in IIT? How much rank is required to apply?

Yes, you need to qualify JEE examination to get admission in B.Des course in IIT. Students applying for the undergraduate (B.Des) course in Design should qualify the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by the IIT's as part of their central admission procedure. To be eligible to appear for JEE examination, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. By qualifying JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination. To be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination, you must qualify and you should be among top 1,50,000 rankers of JEE Main examination. By qualifying JEE Advanced examination, based upon your rank, you can easily get admission in B.Des course in IIT.
19th December 2014, 12:57 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to qualify JEE exams to do B.Des in IIT? How much rank is required to apply?

Yes, you need to qualify JEE exam to get an admission in B.Des course. Because IIT institutes offers B.Des admission through JEE Score Merit List. So, you should get good marks to be one of the candidates in the merit list. And we cannot tell you particular rank or score, which is required. Because, this criteria changes every year. There are almost 50 seats available for this program at each institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?