21st December 2015, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to pursue M.A in English from notified college?

I have just completed my graduation (b.com honors) now I want to pursue ma in English from well notified college as I got 65% aggregate on graduation so I want to know the eligibility criteria of this course or any related courses in this subject so let me know as soon as possible.

22nd December 2015, 08:50 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to pursue M.A in English from notified college?

Eligibility criteria to pursue M.A in English from notified college :
  • Candidate must have passed his/her graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
  • Candidate must have studied English as one of the main subject in 12th and graduation.
  • There is no minimum age criteria.
  • Course duration : 2 years.
22nd December 2015, 09:34 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to pursue M.A in English from notified college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just completed my graduation (b.com honors) now I want to pursue ma in English from well notified college as I got 65% aggregate on graduation so I want to know the eligibility criteria of this course or any related courses in this subject so let me know as soon as possible.
The following eligibility is needed to pursue MA in English degree:

- A candidate should have at least 50% marks in Bachelor Degree course.A 5% concession to the students with reserved categories.
- First preference will be given to the candidate who complete Bachelor Degree in English.
- Final year students of LLB can also apply for the degree course.
- The candidate also require clearing an admission test before the final admission.
22nd December 2015, 11:38 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue MA in English Literature you will first of all have to complete your BA from a recognized University and should have scored a minimum of 60% in your graduation and your age should not be above 17 years.
22nd December 2015, 07:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed B.Com degree so you are not eligible for M.A in English.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in English from a recognized university with above 45% marks are eligible for M.A in English entrance exam.

Your Age should be above 18 years.
22nd December 2015, 11:38 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

The eligibility to study the M.A English course is a pass in graduation with English as one of the subjects. Some of the reputed universities may conduct entrance test for the admission. Otherwise the eligibility is a graduation only. So you are eligible to study M.A in English. The course is available in following colleges,

- Vels University - http://www.velsuniv.ac.in/ma-english-literature.asp

- Loyola College - http://www.loyolacollege.edu/english/dept-syllabus.php

- Madras Christian College - https://www.mcc.edu.in/index.php?opt...d=85&Itemid=76

-Presidency College - http://www.presidencychennai.com/course_offered.php
22nd December 2015, 11:57 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
There are so many reputed colleges and universities offering the M.A in English course. The applicant satisfy the below eligibility criteria to get admission for MA in English in reputed university.

Eligibility criteria for doing MA in English:

- You must have completed Graduation degree in relevant subject from any recognized university.
- There is no age limit.
- You should score not less than 55% of marks in bachelor Degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?