2nd January 2016, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Is Graduation must for joining LLB course?

I am 25 years old and have passed my 12th in 2007. Now i want to take admission in 3 Years or 5 years LLB without graduation degree. Is it possible or graduation is must?

3rd January 2016, 12:42 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Graduation must for joining LLB course?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law and it is three year course after graduation and five year after 10+2.

So, if you have passed 10+2 you have to take admission in 5 year course for getting LLB degree.

There is no need to pursue graduation degree for getting LLB degree.
3rd January 2016, 04:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to get admission in LLB course without having bachelor degree. But the duration of course varies in both cases.

The course duration will be :-

3 years after graduation degree.

5 years after 10+2.

So, now as you are not interested in pursuing graduation you can take admission in five year course. To get admission you have to qualify in various examination conducted by different university.
3rd January 2016, 05:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of class 12th one can get admission in the 5 years LLB course but most of the entrance exams have an upper age limit for admission in bachelor degree course.

The problem will be your age if you want to get admission based on class 12th because almost every entrance exam like CLAT have upper age limit of 21 years. There is relaxation available for reserved category candidates. There is no upper age limit if you go for law course after graduation.
3rd January 2016, 07:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a graduation degree is very must in case if you want to pursue LLB course. Moreover, you should have scored a minimum of 55% in your graduation in order to be eligible for the course.
3rd January 2016, 08:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and as the name suggests it a bachelor degree course after pursuing which one step towards becoming a lawyer.

Basically, LLB courses are of two types on the basis of its duration and educational qualification of applicants which are as discussed below :-

i) LLB course of five years for one who are going for the same course just after completing higher secondary education.

ii) LLB course of three years for one who are interested to pursue the same course after their graduation degree course with any discipline.

So having completed your higher secondary education i.e; 12th you are eligible for LLB course of five years only as for the three year course graduation is must.
3rd January 2016, 08:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for LLB ( 5 years) course after 12th also.
For that you have to qualify the CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test)exam to get admission in LLB course.

After graduation the duration of course is 3 years only.
3rd January 2016, 09:25 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

After completion of class 12 one can pursue LLB by opting for 5 year Integrated course. The main benefit of opting integrated course is that the candidate can save one year by choosing B.A/ B.Com/ BBA along with LLB.

As you have to purse graduation course to complete LLB course.

So, graduation is must to pursue LLB course.
4th January 2016, 01:02 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 25 years old and have passed my 12th in 2007. Now i want to take admission in 3 Years or 5 years LLB without graduation degree. Is it possible or graduation is must?
Yes, graduation is a must for joining LLB course. The eligibility to do the course is graduation (like B.A or B.Sc or B.Com) with 45% marks. There is no age limit for the course. There will be an entrance examination for the admission in some of the colleges. The course is available in government and private law colleges. So you have to study graduation for joining the LLB course.
15th January 2016, 11:51 PM
Gobinda Sen

Yes friend,

After higher secondary you can apply for LLB course.Graduation is not necessary.

You can apply for Common Law Admission Test(for LLB course).

This course duration will be 5 years (After higher secondary).

Or,

If you are a graduate,then this course duration will be 3 years.

And graduated,candidate must have passed graduation with 45% marks from any recognized university for LLB course.

No Age limit for graduated candidate.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?